Darry ~ co worker

"Hey Dare, can you get me the toolbox please?" I said. "Which one?" "For tech shit of course" he laughed and gave be the tool box. "Thanks"

I am a huge fan of technology. I always wonder what it will be like in the future. Wi there be bigger TVs? Cooler phones? New technology? I'm basically a nerd. Well, at least that's what Darry calls me.

"Whatcha doin' nerd?" He said. "Just making some random things" I said, putting batteries and wires together. "Tryna make my own fan. You got any popsicle stick or somethin'?" I ask. "No, I do-"

"Wait nevermind. Its fine" I said. "So how's Pony and Soda? Have they done anything crazy?" I said, still not taking my eyes of what I'm making. "No, no trouble. Dal keeps getting Pony into trouble which is why I'm starting to get strict about him goin out with em'. Soda still the same old Sodapop" "That's good I guess. Try to be a little easy on Pony will ya? He's trying his best"

"How would you know?" "Darry you told me to tutor Pony. I've been teaching him for a while now. You never thought he'd tell me did ya?" I said. "Damn I really didn't" he said. He started to walk around the place. I really didn't care much cuz I was too invested in the fan I'm making.

I then heard another co worker come in. He probably just got back from fixing someone's house. I then heard whispering. I didn't hear much but I'd I'd hear Darry say,

"Dude help me out here, how can I ask her out?" I couldn't help but interrupt.

"Ask who out?" I then gasp. "Darrys' got a crush, Darrys' got a crush..." I said in a singing tone. "Who told you to butt in?" He said. "Sorry, I'll go back to my business"

I finish making the fan and was relieved. The place has been quite hot so luckily I have a fan. Darry and my other Co worker, Danny walk up to the counter where I was.

"Nice fan, you made that?" Danny asks. "Of course, who else?" Danny then put his hand on Darrys' shoulder and mouthed, 'You can do this'. Do what? I don't know, I hope he isn't stressing about things.

"Umm so y/n, I remember yout telling us you got out of a toxic relationship" he said. "Yes, I'm very happy. Why?" "Well I was wondering if you wanted to-" I cut him off. "Go out with you?" I ask. "Yeah" he scratched the back of his neck and started to turn a little red.

"Didn't think the guy who calls me a nerd all the time would ask me out but sure" I said. He shot his face back up to me.

"R- really?" "Yeah, why not?" We both smile at each other. "Well uhh, would you like to go to the Dingo? Or some place else?" "I think the Dingo is fine. It's mys second home after all" I said, making him laugh a little.

"Great, how's Saturday at 4?" "Sounds good, I'm very excited" I said. I could tell he was excited too. "I'll see ya then" he then left and went to the back room.

My sister is so gonna be jealous. She always wanted a moment like this with the boy she liked. Can't wait to brag this to her.