Virgil and Janus angst

Attempted suicide
Gun
Angst
Sad
I cried during most of this tbh

Virgil sat in the living room watching a show, waiting for his brother to get home. 
"Janus!" he said happily, seeing the older. Janus weakly smiled and sat down, pulling Virgil into a tight hug. Virgil happily hugged him back, not thinking anything was wrong.
"I love you so much," Janus whispered, kissing his little brothers head. 

"I love you too," Virgil smiled. Janus tried to hold back tears as he held the younger. He took a deep breath and smiled.
"How was your day?" he asked, stroking the others head. Virgil smiled at the feeling.
"Good, I had fun with my friends," 
"That's good," Janus just stayed with him, holding him until the smaller fell asleep. Then he carried Virgil to his room and laid him down, tucking him in. 

He went to his room, closing the door. He opened the bottom drawer on his desk, grabbing the two things he needed. A note book and a gun. He wrote out the note and folded it, sitting it on the desk. He stood, gun to his head. His hands were shaking, his finger not yet on the trigger. Was he really about to do this? Leave behind everything? Leave Virgil and Remus just because some kids told him to? 

He started crying, putting the weapon down. He sat against his Bed, crying into his knees. It was 9pm, their mom would be home soon. He heard the door open and jumped up, rushing to the door and hugging his mom tightly. 
"Honey are you ok?" She asked holding him close.
"I-I almost did something bad," he whimpered.
"What did you almost do?" She held his face, wiping his tears. 
"S-some kids told me to kill myself," he said crying harder. She gasped and held him again, holding him very tight and kissing his head.

"Did you almost do it?" he nodded. "Why did you stop?"
"I didnt want to leave Virgil," she smiled weakly, tears falling. 
"It's going to be ok. I'm going to call your school first thing in the morning and tell your principal who those kids were. You're going to miss a few days, I don't want you going back for a bit," Janus nodded and his mom sat with him at the table, letting him enjoy some ice cream while he told her the names of the kids who did it. Then Janus curled up in her bed, snuggling close as she pet his head.

The thought that she would have come home and found him dead in his room was terrifying. And the fact it almost happened was even worse.