Logan angsty fluff

Deaf Logan

Human AU

Abusive parents?
Autism, adhd, anxiety
Just cute relationship with the boys
Slightly angsty, but really cute

Logan was born deaf. And this angered his parents, who wanted the perfect child. So they got the cochlear implant and tried to pretend he was 'normal'

But he wasnt. And even with the small device, he still struggled to hear while not looking at the person. This caused him alot of stress and anxiety, since he often got in trouble for it. His parents mostly ignored the fact he was deaf, they never even told the school.

So it wasnt uncommon for the teachers to yell at him for not paying attention or listening. But...it wasnt his fault. The loud classroom and all the noises were already alot, even if it only heard half of it

In middle school, he made friends for the first time. Most of them, based on society, were also categorized as 'abnormal' or 'freaks'. Whether it was mental illnesses, mental disabilities, physical disabilities or just the way they looked.

Virgil had anxiety, Patton Remus and Roman all had high ADHD, Remus had autism and Janus had a large birth mark on his face and two coloured eyes. When they met Logan, the one person who didnt put down their abilities and disabilities or appearance, you can imagine that Patton Virgil and Remus almost immediately clung on.

"Logan?" Virgil called. Logan didnt look up. The group was now 17. Patton was nibbling his nails, not paying attention as Roman and Remus softly argued over a sensory toy. Janus was laying, head in Pattons lap with his eyes closed.

"Lo, look at me," Virgil said, a bit louder. Logan thought he heard something and looked up and around, confused.
"Did you say something?" He asked anxiously.
"Yeah, what's with you? You never pay attention," Virgil said slowly.
"I'm sorry, I didnt mean to. What do you need?"
"Just need help with this question," Virgil pointed. Logan nodded and showed him how.

The thing was...Logan never told them. He had never told them he was deaf. Why would he need to, he thought. It wasn't a big deal.

At a sleepover one night, while the group was sitting around the carpet, Remus noticed the device on Logans head. Curiously, he crawled over and moved the taller boys hair.

Logan flinched, having not seen or heard Remus approach.
"What's that?" Remus asked, sitting on his knees.
"Its nothing," Logan said quickly.
"Wait, Logie what is it?" Patton crawled over.

"Ots nothing, it's not important," Logan said firmly, not wanting to sound mean but he really didnt think it was important information.

"Cochlear implant, my sister has one cause shes...deaf," Janus said slowly.
"Deaf?" Remus asked in confusion, looking to his brother for the answer.
"Means they cant hear," Roman told him.

"Logan, are you deaf?" Virgil asked slowly, getting pulling Remus and Patton away because he could tell Logan was getting overwhelmed.

"Yes...I was born deaf," Logan muttered.
"Why did you never tell us?"
"It didnt seem like any valuable for everyone to know. I can hear perfectly fine,"

"No..you cant, can you? That's why you struggle to pay attention. You cant hear well enough sometimes," Janus was connecting the dots.

"Fine...yes. Usually, if I'm not looking at the person, it is difficult to hear them," Logan pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them. "Sometimes, I heard absolutly nothing. And when someone calls my name, I cant even hear it," he looked up, seeing Remus sitting on Roman's lap and cuddling into him, the whole group listening intently except Remus, who was distracted by...something. logan couldnt even tell what it was, Remus was looking at everything around him.

"Remus, listen," Roman whispered.
"What?" Remus looked up at him then back to Logan who explained everything. How his parents hated him for being imperfect, how they never told anyone and he wasnt allowed to either.

"Aww Logie!! That's so sad!" Patton whined, hugging him.
"Group hug!" Remus said excitedly, throwing himself onto the two with glasses. Roman and Janus happily joined the pile, Roman dragging virgil in.

Logan smiled. He couldnt believe this. He told them...and they didnt care? It didnt change anything? They were still his friends...they still loved him 

"Ewwww Remus!!" Logan whined when the giggly boy kissed his cheek. Roman snorted laughing as Virgil and Patton giggled.

May or may not have cried writing this

I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day/night
Loge you all so much, bye bye