logicality and Virgil angst/fluff

Inspired by the movie A Dogs Journey (which I never got to watch because MOTHER couldnt take me to the theaters but I basically memorized the trailer so)

Dog death, pet death
Sad Virgil
Alot of time skips(likes years and months)
Prinxiety
Logicality
Lots of angsty stuff
Lots of fluffy stuff

"Welcome home, Virgil," Patton whispered to the newborn as he brought him inside. Logan smiled at his husband and newborn son.
"He's so cute," Roman giggled.
"Absolutly adorable," Janus smiled.

Virgil opened his big brown eyes and looked at all the new faces, then up to the man holding him.
"Hi baby," Patton giggled, nuzzling his cheek amd kissing his head.

"Logie! Come in here!" Patton called, sounding panicked. Logan had the 4 month old baby in his arms and hurried to the door. Patton held a shivering and whimpering puppy, both soaked. Patton had taken his jacket off and wrapped it around the puppy, who looked to be only a week or two old.

"Oh goodness, what happened?" Logan asked in shock and worry.
"I don't know, I found her on the sidewalk. Its pouring outside," Patton held the puppy close, hoping to warm her up.

"Give me the puppy, you go warm yourself up," Logan said, adjusting the tiny baby and gently taking the shivering pup.

Patton showered and came down, bundled in his onesie and a blanket. Logan was on the couch, the puppy in one arm and Virgil in the other. All three were sound asleep.

Patton smiled and took his baby, putting him in the crib them taking the puppy and nudging Logan, kissing him softly

"Sadie, here girl!" Patton called and he put Virgil in his stroller. The 8 month old baby giggled, watching the chocolate lab puppy run into the room. Sadie, the puppy, stopped and tried to lick Patton when he put her leash on.

"Logie, I'm taking Virgil and Sadie to the park!" Patton called as he slipped his shoes on.
"Don't I get a kiss?" Logan teased, entering the front room. Patton giggled and kissed him.

"I'll be back soon," he smiled.

"Wow, you must be an amazing dad. Coming to the park with your baby and dog, your wife must be so lucky," a girl in her 20s said to Patton when he sat on the blanket he'd laid out, Virgil laying on his lap.
"I don't have a wife," Patton answered softly.
"A single dad?!" The girl gasped with a smile.
"I'm gay," Patton mumbled shyly. The girl looked confused. "I have a husband,"

"Oh. Well that's still adorable!" The girl giggled and skipped off. Patton sighed, kissing Virgils little head and hugging him gently.

"Sadie!" Virgil, age 4, called to his dog. Sadie ran over and jumped on him, licking his face. Virgil squealed and laughed, laying on his back.

"Sadie, get down," Patton laughed as he gently pulled the dog off his son. "You ok kiddo?"
"Yeah!" Virgil said happily. He ran around the yard, Sadie at his feet.

Patton sat with Logan, cuddled against him as they watched the playful toddler and his dog.

"Virgil, away from the road," Logan called. Virgil didnt listen. "Virgil!"

Logan jumped up and yanked his son from the road, hearing a car screech to a stop. Logans heart was pounding. Had he almost lost his baby?

Virgil whimpered from the loud noise
"Are you ok?" Logan whispered. Virgil nodded

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, is everyone ok?!" The women who jumped out of the car cried. "I'm so sorry, I didnt see him!"
"No, it's alright. He's ok," Logan picked the boy up and smiled faintly.