Twins and Virgil, Moceit angsty fluff

Inspiration- the movie Room on netflix. What I was on- exhaustion, pop and jelly beans

Implied and mentions of rape, sexual assualt
Kidnapping
Murder mentions
Bad cop man-dude
Abuse mentions
Alot of messed up stuff but it gets better

The boys never understood. Why mommy told them to be quiet. Why mommy was scared of daddy. Why daddy was mean to mommy. Why...why mommy made those sounds at night.

They were 6 when their baby brother was born. The twins, Remus amd Roman, took good care of their brother Virgil. Protected him when mommy was getting yelled at by daddy.

"Mommy, why did daddy hit you?" Remus asked, hugging his moms leg. Roman held Virgil, who was a year old now.
"I made a mistake and daddy got mad, I'm ok sweetie," their mother said gently, brushing his messy hair from his eyes.

"Mommy...can we go outside?" Roman, age 9, asked softly, looking out the window. In a panic, his mother ran over and closed the blinds and curtains, pulling her son away from the window.
"You know daddy doesnt want us near the windows, honey. You need to stay away,"

"Sorry, mama...daddy won't punish you for it, will he?"
"I don't know, just stay away from the windows. Go play with your brothers," she kissed his head and roamn ran off to find his twin and three year old brother, who were playing in the bedroom.

The boys heard their father come home. They got scared. They always got scared when he was around. Their father was a cruel man. He hit their mother. He sometimes hurt them. But mommy always protected them. She did her best to never let him hurt them. She often told them to hide in the closet or something, to make sure they were safe from him.

But they never knew why he was always so angry. Why he never wanted them around the windows. Or outside. Or why mommy was so scared of him.

Then one day, while daddy was at work amd mommy was sleeping, the boys got out. They were so curious of the outside world. So they opened the back door and took Virgil outside with them.
"Woah," Remus breathed in shock.
"Its so pretty!" Roman said smiling. The two each held one of Virgils hands and ran. The youngest sibling giggled amd tried to keep up, running between them.

"Mommy said that's called a road, where does it go?" Remus asked when they found the little dirt path.
"Let's find out!" Roman smiled happily.

They followed that path. They followed it for a long time. Until the road became something else.

"Little boys," a voice called. They turned and saw a tall man with a shirt that looked to be the forest and matching pants, black hair and deep brown eyes. He had a gun on his shoulder. A large one. The kind daddy had.

"What are kids your age doing out here all alone? Where are your parents?" The man asked them, walking closer.
"Daddy never let's us outside so we came to explore!" Remus said happily.
"Where is your house?"
"Really far that way, covered by trees," Roman told him.
"Come with me, ok?" The man held out a hand and Remus took it. He led the three boys to his truck.

"Mommy said not to go into the trucks with bad man," Roman said nervously.
"I'm going to take you into town. What are your parents names?" The man asked them.
"Mommys name is....Jesse," Roman said. "Daddy doesnt have a name,"

"Jesus christ...alright. How old are you boys?" The man took a deep breath.
"We're nine and our brother is 3," Remus said.
"Can you please get into the back of my truck? I'm going to take you to town and I'm going to make sure you get home safe,"