Chapter 29 - Alura's Birthday

It is now Friday, the day before Alura's birthday. Over the last few days both Kara and Alura have continued on with their lives, but both of them have very much been missing Lena. This hasn't been helped by the fact that Lena has been so busy while in Japan that she has only been able to have a very very brief phone call with Alura on Thursday, as it was very late for Alura who had been staying up just to speak to Lena that night. Then as for Kara, she really has only had a chance to speak to Lena late at night for a few minutes and by text. Kara would, if Lena allowed her to, just talk to Lena at night as long as Lena could manage, in between whatever she was doing in Japan in the middle of the day. But Lena wouldn't allow Kara to stay on the phone with her for very long as she knew that Kara needed to get her sleep, both for her next day at work at CatCo, and for her super heroing. Lena couldn't imagine how she, or Kara, would feel if Kara stayed up so late talking to Lena at night, losing a lot of sleep, that she would end up being so tired in the morning she wouldn't function properly at work at CatCo, and may potentially be so exhausted she could end up being unable to save someone in time as Supergirl. So, Lena just decided, for the both of them, that it would be best if they kept their few phone conversations brief, as much as she didn't want to do that. However, the couple made up for these brief phone calls by constantly texting one another, even if it was only about random things.

Kara for her part obviously very much misses her girlfriend, and she hates that they are apart, and she hates it even more that Alura is suffering because of the fact that she is missing Lena too. Kara very much wishes there is something that she could do about it, but she knows there is nothing she could do, as Lena is simply so busy. Kara has considered flying out to Tokyo just to spend a few minutes with Lena, but Kara decided against that. Firstly, Kara didn't think that would be a good idea because she didn't want people taking notice of the fact that Supergirl flew out to Tokyo for some reason. Then at the same time she didn't want that to be potentially linked with Lena suddenly being spotted in Tokyo with CatCo reporter Kara Danvers, by any potential paparazzi. Kara thinks that would be a good way to lose her secret identity very quickly. Then secondly, Kara ended up thinking it wouldn't be a good idea to fly out to see Lena, simply because she thought it would be very unfair to Alura. Kara obviously does not fly with her daughter as even though she is completely safe with her, Kara is aware that it is incredible dangerous, and she couldn't put her daughter at a risk like that. So that would mean that if Kara were to fly out to see Lena, that she would do it on her own, and then Alura would end up finding out that her mother saw Lena without her, and Kara thinks that would very much crush and upset her daughter even more. Then at the same time Kara couldn't just quickly fly out and bring Lena back for a brief visit because of how busy Lena is. Kara can make the trip from National City to Tokyo and back in a few minutes, but if she were to be flying with a human, it would take a good 30 minutes to an hour, just because humans can't survive being flown as fast as Kara can manage. So due to the flight taking this long, it would just be entirely unfeasible for Kara to fly out to get Lena to bring her back for a brief visit. The only way that it would be possible would be if Kara cut into Lena's sleeping time which would be in the middle of the day in National City anyway, where Kara would be needed at work and Alura at school. So, all in all, the situation is just a kind of sucky one, with no solution to it, even despite Kara having all these super powers, it kind of humbles Kara, not that she has an ego or anything. Kara just thinks it is amusing that despite her having the ability to fly anywhere in the world, and the fact that she is one of the strongest beings on the planet, she is still troubled by issues like every other person on earth, such as missing their girlfriend while they are away on business.

It is currently late on Friday evening, Kara and Alura are just spending the night at home alone instead of having a regularly scheduled game night. This isn't because they are miserable, sad and upset about Lena not being there, and therefore they can't have a game night. In fact, Kara would quite welcome the idea of a game night just to briefly distract the two of them from missing Lena. But tonight, Kara and her friends are not having a game night because they are all getting up early and heading to National City amusement park tomorrow for Alura's birthday, so the group didn't think it would be a good idea for them to all stay up late drinking, when they are going to have to get up early the next day, and then go on various stomach-churning theme park rides. Then at the same time, the friends all knew that they could have too much of a good thing. They all wanted Alura's birthday to be special, and for them not to all be burnt out with each other's company by spending the day before with each other as well as the Saturday, so the group all just unanimously decided to meet each other at the gates of the amusement park, bright and early at 8:45AM on Saturday morning. Eliza has come into town especially for Alura's birthday and she is in fact staying with Kara and Alura, but this evening she has gone out for dinner to catch up with some of her friends while she is in National City, leaving Kara and her daughter by themselves.