BAD ENDING

It was raining.

That's all it ever seemed to do nowadays, (Y/N) thought.

She frowned at the window and the rain before turning and sitting back in her chair.

Ciel had gone to bed early again today, choosing to sleep in one of the guestrooms. This was something he only did if the two had fought horribly.

He had slept in the guest room for the past few days.

She listened to the tapping of the rain against the window for a while longer before she grew tired and annoyed at the repetitiveness of it. Grabbing the candle that lit her desk, she abandoned the work she had been doing and started to trek down the hall to her bedroom, already expecting the bed to be cold and empty.

They had fought at dinner. She couldn't quite remember what had started it all, though it was probably something small meaningless like usual, but it had eventually devolved into fighting about (Y/N) and her attitude. Again.

"Could you at least pretend to be interested when I talk to you?" Ciel had asked. "Isn't it boring to act the way you do everyday?"

"Why pretend? You already know I don't care." She had said back as she stared into her soup and frowned. It was bland.

"Wives are supposed to care about their husbands work. That is what married couples do."

She scoffed. "Please, lets not act like we're a couple. This ring on my finger means nothing anymore."

"It meant something when you were younger."

"I grew up. Us marrying was idiotic. We knew each other for, what? A few years when we were younger? We knew each other for a small fraction of our childhood and felt like we should be married for eternity? It was foolish."

Ciel leaned back into his chair and crossed his arms.

"If you feel this marriage is so "idiotic", then maybe I should have married Elizabeth. At least then I could have a wife who cared about what I do."

"Maybe you should have."

The carpet is cold against her bare feet but she can't find herself to care as she scowls at the thought of the fight. He always complained about her acting the way he didn't like. Acting like she didn't care about anything. It wasn't acting though, she really didn't care about anything. Why should she?

Ever since Jason had left she hadn't cared about anything.

Sitting on the floor in Ciels arms, she stared at Jason and the portal he had made as it came to life. She itched to get up and stop him from leaving but she didn't move. It was like she was frozen in place.

The demon went to put one leg through the portal but hesitated and glanced back at (Y/N) from where she was sitting, like he was waiting for her to try and stop him.