Settling in

(Y/N) had finally managed to get away from Gwendaline, since she was becoming lightheaded from just watching the girl speak. She started towards the kitchen, wanting to find Farleen. Inside the kitchen was a already on the counter, and farleen was washing dishes behind it.

"U-uh, Farleen?" She turned around and smiled when she saw (Y/N). Turning the tap off she grabbed the plate and walked towards the girl.

"Hello, mistress! I made a cake for you as a thank you for letting me work here!" She grinned and thrusted the cake towards the smaller girl.

"T-Thank you, Farleen. Is it okay if I ask you some questions while I try the cake?" (Y/N) sat down on the chair near the counter.

"Of course!"

"First off, what did you do before Jason found you?" (Y/N) asked before putting a piece of cake into her mouth.

"Well..." Farleen began explaining about what her old jobs were but (Y/N) wasn't listening. She was just focusing on the cake... the very delicious cake...Her mouth and eyes started watering as she savoured the flavour. Sparkles could be seen around the young girl as she ate the cake.

"...So good..." She muttered to herself.

"Mistress, did you say something?" (Y/N) coughed and looked the other way a slight pink dusting her cheeks for her embarrassing moment with the cake.

"N-no. Uhm...So where did Jason meet you?"

"Hmm...Oh yeah!" She began rambling again but (Y/N) had put another piece of cake into her mouth and wasn't listening. The sparkles began to appear again and she savoured the flavour of the delicious chocolatey goodness.. Farleen had noticed this so she stopped talking. She leaned on the counter, resting her head on her palm and she thought about how adorable her mistress was, and how happy she was that she liked her cake.

(Y/N) finished the piece in her mouth and noticed Farleen just staring at her. She felt her cheeks heat up at the fact that she was caught in her little dream world.

"Ahem...So last question, how old are you?"

"18"

"Okay! That shall be all, in the meantime... More.Of.This.Cake.To.My.Room." The girl stood up from her chair and walked out of the kitchen. Quietly making her way back to it to check and see if Farleen was making more cake. She saw the woman stirring a bowl and did a little fistbump into the air before walking to her room to finish the cake. She sat down on her bed and began eating it in small bites. She was enjoying it so much, she didn't realise that she was eating the last piece. So when she reached for another piece and there was nothing there, she thought someone had taken it.

"JASON!"

"Yes, Princess?"

"WHERE IS MY CAKE?!"

"Your cake, Princess?"

"YES. MY CAKE!"

"Didn't you just have some cake?"

"YES AND NOW IT'S GONE!"

"Princess..."

"WHAT?"

"I believe I have found the cake..."

"WHERE!?"

"It's all around your face..."

(Y/N) put a hand up to her face and wiped two fingers across her cheek. Sure enough, there was frosting on them. She blushed and puffed her cheeks out while pouting.

"I knew that!"

"Of course you did, Princess."

She had become grumpy and sat crossed legged on her bed crossing her arms and pouting at the window. Jason chuckled as she began to wipe her cheeks with her fingers and lick the icing off, savouring the delicious flavour.

"Farleen's a really good cook..." She mumbled.

"Yes. She made a small cake for me a few hours ago and it was delicious. I presume she must have had alot of experience growing up to have that much of a cooking skill."

"Mm" (Y/N) hummed in agreement. "From what she told me, she had worked in many bakery's around town, which is how she perfected her cooking...At least that's what I heard when I was listening..." She muttered the last part to herself hoping Jason didn't hear her. He did. He chuckled at his Princesses immature behaviour. She had been like that the first time he met her.

She would act spoiled and wish for Jason to do everything, but he knew it was because she was feeling lonely without her father. Despite him hardly being around for her, it was a very comforting feeling for her knowing that her father was still around after her mothers death. So she was broken when he disappeared. She had ordered Jason to go searching for him many, many times and while he would do that she would go and break down in her room. The servants started to get more distant as well. They only took orders from (Y/N)'s parents, so when she started running the house herself, they question why they were taking orders from a little girl. They also felt intimidated by Jason and were scared for their health, which is another reason they distanced themselves from (Y/N) as he always seemed to be around her. So when Sebastian and Jason had a that little fight when him and Ciel came over, all of them decided it was no longer safe in the house so they all ran off. Each one of them glaring at Jason as they left. He could tell that none of them liked working at the mansion anyway, he would always see at least one or two of them, sneak something into their pockets that belonged to the (L/N)'s when they thought nobody was looking.

He would always get these things back of course and have a 'chat' with whoever took it, to make sure they never took anything again. But this of course never helped the servants view on the butler. They saw him as a mysterious threat to them. A threat to their health and business. Each servant was running a secret black market with some other traders. They would steal things from the mansion and sell them to the traders. It didn't take long for Jason to find out about this. He visited the hideout of the secret market and found a lot of the missing treasures from the (L/N) household. He took care of the traders and restored all of the stolen goods back to where they were supposed to be. Which shocked some of the black market dealers living in the mansion when they saw things they had stolen previously, back to their original places. But Jason had to do it.

After all, he had to take care of his precious Princess