Calmness and Tears

The rain was heavily patting against the window of (Y/N)'s room. The rain had woken her up and she couldn't sleep. The face of Elizabeth imprinted itself inside her mind and (Y/N) couldn't help but think of it. Her mind had decided to hate her and make her more miserable by thinking of Ciel and Elizabeth together. She grumbled sadly and brought her face deeper into her pillow.

She lay in silence for a few minutes before decided to get up, the rain didn't seem like it was going to stop anytime soon so it was pointless trying to go back to sleep. She was still in her ballgown which had tightened around her making it uncomfortable to move. She got out of bed and picked out something more.

She put a white bow in her hair and white slip ons as well as a white lounging dress. She looked at herself, nodding in approval, before heading out. Looking both ways to see if anyone was still up, she quietly shut the door and began walking along the halls. The rain against the glass windows had become calming to (Y/N) and she closed her eyes as she walked not caring if she walked into anything. But a small whimper was heard inside one of the rooms and (Y/N)'s eyes flashed open. She stood there for a minute before it was heard again. She turned around and the sound was coming from Daniel's room. She slowly walked towards it and was about to knock before she noticed it was already open, being slightly ajar. She quietly looked inside and could see Chris hunched over a Daniel who was on his knees crying. A candle sat on a drawer near them and would flicker every time Chris moved.

"Daniel, it's no use crying you know?" Chris whispered, he was rubbing circles onto his brothers back.

"B-but mama--!" Daniel started but was interrupted.

"Mama's gone!" Chris said a little too loudly. He cringed and sat down next to his brother bringing him into a hug.

"Sorry Danni. I...I didn't mean to shout..."

(Y/N) smiled at the two brothers and stepped back. Unfortunately the floorboards around that area of the house had been known to be old and squeaky. She lifted her foot up quickly but it was to late, Daniel and Chris had already swung their heads around and (Y/N) knew it was pointless to pretend. She knocked on the door and peeked her head in.

"It's only me..." She saw relief run across Chris' face but Daniel shot up and flung himself at (Y/N).

"S-sis..." He nuzzled into her shoulder and began to whimper. She wrapped her arms around him and brought him closer, putting her head on top of his.

"Daniel, what's the matter...?" She asked quietly, almost whispering.

"I m-miss m-mama..." He choked out. (Y/N) tensed and tightened her grasp around the small boy.

"I miss my mother too" He looked up at her and sniffled.

"Where's your mama?" She brought her hand up to his head and stroked it.

"She passed away, years ago..."

"Oh..." There was silence for a few minutes before Chris spoke up.

"What.. what was she like?" He walked closer to (Y/N) and knelt beside her. (Y/N) held his hand while remembering her mother.

"W-well..." She stopped recalling her appearance. "She had lovely (M/Blonde) hair and amazing (M/Teal) eyes. She was always kind and hardly ever shouted. But...she got sick a lot and one day...it became too much." She felt her eyes watering and wiped them away with her hand. Chris squeezed the hand he was holding and nuzzled into her side.

"Thank you (Y/N)..." She looked down to Chris. He hardly ever called her by her first name, it was always 'sis'. "Thank you for taking care of me and Daniel. We love you very much for it...And we hope to stay by you forever..." He smiled up at her. She felt her eyes watering again so she grabbed Chris and hugged him hiding in his small shoulder. She began crying softly into his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her.

Daniel had fallen asleep in (Y/N)'s arms as she carried him. After she had stopped crying she couldn't bear going to sleep alone. She had asked Chris if he wanted to sleep in her room for the night and he hastily agreed. They arrived at her room and Chris walked in first and jumped onto the large bed and snuggled in, making (Y/N) chuckle. She took off her cardigan and shoes and set Daniel down before climbing in too. Chris grabbed her right arm and nuzzled close to her while Daniel, in his sleep, grabbed her left and did the same. She brought her arms around them and pulled them close. She felt warmer and more calm now, forgetting about the ball. She smiled contently before closing her eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep.

"(Y/N)?...(Y/N) where are you?" The young boy looks through different rooms searching for his friend. He searches through different rooms and halls and makes sure she isn't hiding in any cupboards. He walks past a room as a noise is heard inside. He stops and walks back to it. Sitting on the floor with her legs up to her chin is his friend.

"(Y/N)! There you are!" He smiles and walks over to her, about to speak again before he notices she isn't answering. He stops and bends down, hovering just above the floor.

"(Y-Y/N)? Are you okay?" She finally turns around and shows her face. Her cheeks are red and puffy while strands of hair are sticking to her face. She wipes her face with her hand, stands up and forces a smile.

"Y-Yes! I'm fine! Perfectly...f-f..." She doesn't finish her sentence as she breaks down in tears. She sits on the floor bawling while the boy stands there stunned. He didn't know what to do when a lady was crying. He keeps reaching out and retracting his hand towards his friend as she continues to cry. He kept thinking about what his father and mother would do if he started crying. He reached out and grabbed his friend by the arm and pulled her into his arms. She stopped crying for a moment and a small blush started growing on her cheeks. He buries his head into her shoulder and starts to rub circles onto her back comfortingly while shushing her and whispering about how it will be okay. She wraps her arms around him and cries into his chest since he is slightly taller than her.

"Now, what are you crying about?"

"I-its m-mother...shes be-become terribly i-ill and she n-never leaves her r-room! I'm v-very worried about her! Father has s-stopped coming out o-of his office t-too...I'm a-all a-a-alone!" She starts to cry again as her friend shushes her quietly.

"It's fine...Shes going to be fine. Your father is probably very busy and...your not alone." She sniffles quietly and looks up to him. He leans down and quickly kisses her cheek.

"You have me..."