Explanations

"Now, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Ciel took off his hat and lay it on the table before clearing his throat.

"Well, I was going to ask why you suddenly left in a hurry at the ball and why my fiance was in tears..." He stared straight at (Y/N) a stoic look on his face. (Y/N) felt herself tense. She couldn't tell him that she left quickly because she was jealous! It would make her sound like a baby! She fumbled around with her words, opening and closing her mouth like a fish as beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. Just as she had managed to form words, Jason knocked on the door and allowed himself in. She cursed him inside her head as he set the tea down. He then positioned himself behind (Y/N)'s chair as he had a glaring contest with Sebastian. She stared at the cup in her hands, trying to form another Sentence. She felt even more nervous having both butler's in the room, as well as her old fiance. Ciel must have noticed this because he asked if both butlers could wait outside while they talked. (Y/N) sent Ciel a small thank you smile as the two males walked out.

"Now then, what were you going to say?" Ciel to a sip of his tea before looking back at her.

"W-well I..." She sighed and decided to tell him the truth. Tell him everything. "W-when Sebastian came to my mannor for the invitation, when I said 'yes' it sort of...slipped out...?" Ciel tensed. Did...did she not want to come? (Y/N) saw this and quickly tried to correct herself.

"I-I didn't mean it like that! I meant, I was...surprised. After the engagement was called off, you never spoke or wrote to me again. I thought you had forgotten me...I was surprised that you just randomly invited me to a ball at your place, after not speaking to each other for so long." (Y/N) dropped her gaze to the cup in her lap and took a sip before continuing.

Meanwhile Ciel felt stupid. He didn't speak to her for years. Of course she felt surprised. He was surprised at himself for inviting her. It sounds bad but... he had forgotten her... All because of Elizabeth, becoming the queens watchdog...He only remembered her when he found the letter she had sent her after the engagement was called off...He mentally cursed himself for forgetting the one hes loved for so many years...

"When I arrived at the ball I became nervous, about meeting your new fiance...In the letter I wrote, where I said I would 'hate her as long as she lives' I was being childish. The engagement being called off just really saddened me, and I took it out on your fiance, who I hadn't had met until yesterday."

Ciel hummed as he listened.

"What about her crying? Not to be rude or anything..." He remembered how he overheard Bard talking about him, about how he sometimes said things and they came out wrong and offended people, which he never means.

"Right... that. As you have met Jason, you shall know how he calls me 'Princess'." Ciel nodded, it made him slightly annoyed how Jason said it. "It's something my father used to call me, before his work started to pile in. It makes me remember him, and it soothes me. When we were at the ball, after we had met Elizabeth and... no offence but, she is slightly irritating... Jason came over and called me 'Princess' an Elizabeth assumed he was talking to her...which is very narcissistic" (Y/N) mumbled the last part to herself. "He might have been slightly harsh when choosing his words. This causing her to get upset...and" She paused thinking about what to say. "We left after Daniel and Chris were getting tired..." She lied.

"I see..." The two were silent for a while, both sitting and drinking their tea and Ciel going over what he had just heard.

Very different from what Elizabeth told me...

FLASHBACK

"WAAAAAHAAAHAAA!!" Elizabeth was currently bawling in the ball room so loud, that the hole mansion could probably hear her. Ciel was standing behind her with an irritated look on his face. He was leaning on his cane as Sebastian, Mey rin, Bard and Finny were standing there as well, all with the same face of discomfort.

"Elizabeth! Would you please stop screaming and tell me what happened! I cannot do anything if you don't say anything!" She stopped crying as much and just began sniffling.

"W-Well I was saying h-hello to everyone! A-and I saw this g-girl with a cute dress, except it was black! I went over to her a-and said it would look nicer with some p-pink, but she said that pink w-was an eyesore! I started talking to her brothers, who w-were adorable! But she wouldn't stop glaring at me! And I was doing nothing t-that would have caused that! She then called her b-butler over and asked him to b-be rude to me! She said she wanted to m-maintain her image and would r-rather have her butler to s-speak her thoughts! She then left me after he had finished!" She then started bawling jumping and clinging onto Ciel who barely stayed stood on his feet.

"E-EL...! ELIZABETH! GET OFF!" He continued to try and get his fiance off him as the servants and Sebastian went back to work. Not one of them actually believed what she had said, but kept their mouths closed.

Elizabeth...You tell such lies sometimes...I doubt (Y/N) would do that... even if I haven't seen her in years, I know she would never do something like that...Especially get someone else to insult someone, she'd rather do it herself...

Ciel chuckled quietly as he thought of the countless times (Y/N) had insulted the people she didn't like. She never felt scared to do it, she always said she was 'voicing her opinion'.

FLASHBACK END

"Thank you for letting us come inside on such an unexpected visit...It was nice seeing you again." He put his hat back on and got up, his cheeks slightly burning from what he had said. He heard (Y/N) chuckle lightly and stand up as well.

"It was nice seeing you again as well...Cici..." She put a hand over her mouth to surpress her giggles as she watched Ciel's face flush a dark crimson red.

"H-Hey! You promised not to use that nickname anymore!" He angrily pointed an accusing finger at the giggling girl as his cheeks burned.

"I have no idea what your talking about Cici." She turned around to face the window and Ciel continued to whine and stammer.

"W-well, I'll be going now! Goodbye!" She heard him quickly walk out of the door and run along the halls. She then heard another set of footsteps she assumed to be Sebastian's. She stared out of the window, chuckling to herself at the childish nickname she came up for Ciel when they were little. She saw them exit the mansion and walk to the carriage. Ciel turned around to look at the mansion again and they locked eyes. She lifted her hand to wave goodbye and he did the same.

And she swore she saw a smile on his face.