Dumb Demon

"HISSSSSS!..."

"Princess..."

"HISSSSSS!!..."

"Princ--"

"HISSSSS!!!"

"How long are you going to hiss at me Princess?"

"Till you learn to keep your distance, demon..."

"Ouch. Harsh Princess...Though I was beginning the think you were forgetting I was a demon..."

"Don't be stupid, Jason..."

"I see you're not hissing at me anymo--"

"HISSSS!!"

"Nevermind..."

"Benben, whats the matter?" Farleen, Gwendaline and Benjamin were all sitting in the kitchen eating something that Farleen had made. Farleen herself had noticed that Benjamin seemed more distant than he usually was.He kept looking behind him and he would jump slightly at even the smallest of noises.

"Nothing is the matter, and don't call me Benben..." Benjamin spat out.

"Hmm...Ok then...Benny-Boy!" Gwendalin smiles lightly at Farleens antics but her smile drops when she glances back at Benjamin. He was acting weird. Like, he was scared of something....

Did...did he find her out?

No...

No he couldn't have...

"FARLEEN!"

"CAN WE HAVE SOME CAKE?!"

Gwendalin was brought from her thoughts as the two young masters of the household came barging in. She was thankful that they did come at that time. She was getting lost in her thoughts again.

"I'll go see if the mistress is okay..." She stood up and looked back into the kitchen where she met Benjamin's gaze. They stared at each other as Gwendalin left the kitchen.

Gwendalin walked down the different halls, the sound of her heels hitting the floor echoed off of the walls. She focused on what was in front of her, but every so often her eyes would drift to the different (L/N) family paintings on the walls. She would stare at them as they drifted past, as if she was looking for hidden secrets inside them. As stupid as it sounded, she wished to be closer to her mistress. Yes, she was just her maid and Jason was her personal butler, but something about (Y/N) (L/N) had caught her attention the first time they had met.

She was a young girl who had hardly seen anything of the outside world, yet her eyes said she knew true fear.

The fear of being alone.

Something Gwendaline herself had experienced. Something Gwendaline herself still feared.

Her and her mistress both shared something in common, and she was sure Jason had never felt the fear of being alone. He seemed cocky and would smirk behind the mistresses back before going back to being stoic when she turned back around to face him. Gwendaline didn't like him. She didn't like Benjamin either. She couldn't understand how Farleen could easily have a conversation with him without wanting to punch him in the face. She could never read or understand him. His eyes always over scanning everything, trying to understand everything, trying to find everything. It was like he was staring into her soul back at the kitchen. But she kept her ground. She wouldn't make herself look like the stuttering mess she was in front of her mistress. It was a pain how she had to keep that facade as to not look suspicious in front of Jason. She had a feeling he knew about her. Yet to be a complete confusing jackass, all he would do was smirk at her, almost knowingly. God. What she would give to wipe that smirk off of his face and use (Y/N) for herself.

She doesn't seem safe in the hands of that demon, and would be much better off with someone like herself. The girl was still very young. Her soul still very weak. Yet it ...smelled so divine.

"Dammit!...." She cursed silently to herself as she felt herself become animalistic. Her stupid tendencies were becoming to much to control. She had to hold herself on the wall as her breathing became faster and her fingers started to tingle painfully as she felt the need to change...

"God fucking dammit...Not here...!" Her breathing became slower as she sunk to the floor, balling her hands in attempt to stop the tingling. It finally stopped and was reduced to a small bit of pain that would shoot up her arm if she put to much pressure on her fingers.

Her life was a complete mess.

She was a complete mess.

She didn't even know what she was anymore...

Human?...Or--

"Gwendaline? What on earth are you doing? Are you alright?" She spun around to meet the gaze of her young mistress. She nodded and began to get up, using the wall as support.

"Would you like me to fetch Jaso--"

"NO!" (Y/N) looked at her usually quiet and stuttering maid, who had just yelled at her. Gwendaline realised what she had done and sank back a tiny bit, retreating to her stuttering self.

"I-I'm terribly s-sorry miss! I-I just didn't want t-to bother y-you!" She bowed and apologised.

"No...That's quite alright...I can understand as well, if you feel uncomfortable around him. His silence can be unerving for some..."

Her heart is so pure and innocent. Even despite her fear...

"C-Can I g-get you anything m-miss?"

"If you could, ask Benjamin to bring my brothers to me please. That will be all."

"Ye-Yes, Mistress..." Gwendaline bowed and hurried off, beating herself up in her mind for losing it for a second.

(Y/N) watched the retreating figure of her maid and narrowed her eyes as she thought back to how she had reacted to her mentioning Jason.

"I always have to get stuck with the weird ones don't I?..."