Investigation

Gwendaline, Farleen and Benjamin were all sitting in the large kitchen together.

The only noises were the ticking of the old grandfather clock in the corner of the room, the wind blowing outside, and the sound of Farleen tapping a fork on the counter, which was slowly getting on Benjamin's nerves as he glared at her. She had a small smirk plastered on her face as she continued to pretend not notice Benjamin's pissed off expression that grew as the tapping became faster.

Just as Benjamin was about to rip the fork out of her hands, Gwendaline spoke up.

"Hey you guys...?" She said, her voice barely above a whisper. "What should we do?"

"What are you talking about...?" Benjamin said to her, his eyes still locked on Farleen's smug face.

"I mean, neither Mistress nor Jason nor the two masters have been home for weeks. Should we be worried?" Her voice was shaky as she spoke.

"I doubt it. They're probably fine. They're kind of sketchy people, this would be normal for them." Benjamin spoke without any emotion, snatching the fork out of Farleen's hand and throwing it into the sink.

"Sketchy? What do you mean?"

"He means...well...haven't you noticed how weird they act." Farleen spoke up this time. "Especially Jason. The way he just showed up out of nowhere and offered us all jobs. The way he came at the right time, almost like he was--"

"Watching us?" Gwendaline cut her off and the other Farleen nodded.

"Now that I think about it, we don't know much about this house hold do we? If we're going to be working here now, we should know everything about our employers..." Farleen wiggled her eyebrows at the two others.

"Whatever your thinking of doing, don't include me. I've just found a stable job and a place to stay and Im not throwing that away because you want to be nosy." Benjamin said to the blond-ette and started standing up and going to walk out of the kitchen.

"Oh come ooooon~....." Farleen cooed, standing up as well. "Dont'cha wann know about them as well? I know you doooo~" She stood on her tippy toes wrapping her arms around Benjamin's neck and putting her chin on his shoulder, chanting 'I know you want tooo~' into his ear. He rolled his eyes and shook her off.

"Fine, but we're not spending a lot of time in there." He started off to (Y/N)'s office, with Farleen not far behind him dragging poor Gwendaline with her.

Even though they thought nobody was home, they still kept quiet as they came closer towards (Y/N)'s office.

"Ooh, this is exciting!~" Far;een whispered

"We're going to look through an office." Benjamin stated

"Yeah, but the thought of being caught...! Makes your heart race, right?"

"No."

'They argue like an old married couple...' Gwendaline thought and chuckled quietly to herself.

They finally stopped outside the office and Benjamin went to open the door. He hesitated for a moment, thinking that he could be putting his job in jeopardy by doing this. He felt like saying he didn't want to do this, but by looking out of the corner of is eye, he saw Farleen's excited and expectant face.

He rolled his eyes and twisted the nob pushing the door open slowly, stopping every now and again when the door creaked. Having the door fully open, the three servants slowly walked in and went straight to her desk. Well, two of them did anyway. Benjamin and Farleen when straight to (Y/N)'s desk while Gwendaline, still being unsure about this whole thing, stayed behind slighlty.

"I don't think this is a good idea..." She whispered to herself.

The other two rummaged through the desk as if it were their own. In it where old childish drawing and writings, what they presumed to be family pictures she had drawn herself when she was younger, and business papers they were too lazy to read. They emptied all of the drawers until there was nothing left in them.

"I don't get it, she should have something to link to her past." Farleen said.

"You mean like a diary?" Benjamin spoke to her.

"Yeah! Like a diary!" Turning towards him she saw he was holding a brown book with a lock on it. It had small gold letters sewn on at the bottom reading

'To (Y/N),

I love you very much, I hope you know that.

Please use this to keep track of your memories and important matters,

your most important memories need to be treasured.

Love Mother. ♥x♥x♥'

"Her mother gave her this?" Farleen raised a brow after she finished reading the engraving.

"Well, duh..." Benjamin said back to her, earing a smack from her on the arm.

They opened it and found it to be traced back all the way when she was only 7 years old. It spoke of the hardship she went through during her mothers death, which Farleen was shocked at, and all of her pent up feelings. As the dates became more recent, the entry's started to become more mature written and longer as she wrote in one entry,

'My life has become interesting after introducing old and new people into my life. Old friends and New Acquaintances, all different ages. I have more feelings and thoughts as well as memories to write about now.'

Her last and latest entry was written a month ago and Farleen began to read it out.

"Of course. Introducing new people into my life would lead to new problems. One such problem from. or should I say is, a blonde haired boy I met a year ago. What I thought would be a brief encounter, has turned into a full-blown obsession for him (I hardly see why to be honest.) Having Ciel return into my life has made everything very exciting!"

As Farleen read aloud, Gwendaline noticed stirring coming from (Y/N)'s bed. Alarmed, she tried to get the attention of the other two.

"G-Guys..." She whispered to them.

"Not now Gwendaline."

"N-No, now would be a good time!..."

"Be quiet Gwendaline, we're trying to read this."

The stirring stopped and a figure started to sit up in the bed.

"Guys...!" Gwendaline squeaked.

The two servants finally turned to her with an exasperated 'What!?' only to notice the person as well. They stood still as they finally figured out the figure.

It was a man.