Brother

Daniel was eating his lunch his cheeks still burning from before. He took small nibbles of his sandwiches as his bangs covered his face. He had been slightly disappointed when he had been told (Y/N) couldn't have lunch with him, but he didn't think he could be in the same room as her without his cheeks burning up.

The diner hall was quiet. The servants had left to attend their other businesses and Jason was wandering around places. Daniel thought Jason was weird. It wasn't because he was a demon, contracted to his beloved sister (Y/N). Honestly. He thought it was kind of cool to be living in the same house as a demon. What he thought was weird was how he wandered around the mansion all day. When (Y/N) would call for him, he would come , do what she asked then disappear. He wondered what he did the rest of the day. Did he stay in his room? Doing... that weird circle thing? Or--

A hand, slightly bigger than his own, was placed over his mouth and brought him back to reality. An arm wrapped around his small waist and dragged him to a corner. Daniel was kicking and protesting, trying to get the stranger to let go of him. When they finally did, Daniel jumped away from the stranger and was about to shout before he took a closer look at the person who had dragged him.

"C-Chris!" His older brother by two years, was standing in front of him. He wore the same bedraggled clothes he last saw him in and his face was dirty and his hair messy. Chris had the same brown hair and brown eyes as Daniel, except his hair was slightly longer and eyes slightly browner. Yet they could still pass off as twins, as they had done multiple times.

"What are you doing here?"

"No, what are you doing here? I looked everywhere for you! And where are you? In a nobles house! My god, Daniel! Have you not listened to anything I've said?!" Tears started to well up in Daniel's eyes as he listened to his older brother.

"I-I-I'm s-s-sorry! S-she jus-just brought m-me here an-d she-shes rea-really n-n-nice!" Daniel had started to bawl now and his brother looked at him, shocked.

"Whose 'she'? Who brought you here?"

"S-sis."

When Chris was about to question him more (Y/N) had entered the room. She had rushed towards the noise after hearing her 'brothers' crying.

"Daniel? Daniel!" (Y/N) paced around the room looking for him. Chris lowered his voice and turned back to Daniel.

"Daniel, who is that?"

Daniel turns his head as his tears start to dry up. His eyes widen and his cheeks start to burn up as he grins.

"(Y/N)!" He dives from the corner, much to his brothers dismay, and dives onto his 'sister'. She catches him and sees his puffy cheeks. She wipes away some of the pre-excisting tears with her thumb and asks if hes okay.

"Uh-huh! I was talking to Chris!" His brother mentally face-palms while (Y/N) gives him a curious look.

"Who uh... Whose Chris?"

"Chris is my brother! I was looking for him before I was hit by the carriage then you found me!" Chris was slapping his face repeatedly inside his head while his breath hitched as (Y/N) started looking around the room.

"Can I meet Chris?" Daniel hummed in response and ran towards Chris in the corner. As Daniel was about to drag Chris into the open, he grabbed his younger brother and jumped out, startling (Y/N).

"What do you want with my brother, Noble?!"

He said the word Noble with such venom, (Y/N) noted that he obviously hated them. She inhaled sharply before she started talking.

"You and your brother, Daniel, were obviously separated during whatever you were doing. After you were separated, Daniel went looking for you. While he was looking for you, he was struck by a horse from a carriage. A deep cut was sliced into the side of his head. Since I was in one of the carriages caught in the accident I went over and helped him. I stopped the bleeding to his cut and brought him here. As you can see, he has been washed and has been well fed. I have done nothing that could have meant harming him. He's like a younger brother to me."

Chris was speechless. She was right. Daniel looked bigger. He had been well fed. He was cleaned and looked healthy. He slowly released Daniel from his protective grip and looked down at the floor. (Y/N) walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, like she did with Daniel.

"Your name is Chris right?"

He nodded while still looking at the floor. From past experiences with nobles, with how he acted, he expected to be beaten up and thrown out. So he was very surprised when the noble girl hugged him. She soothed him by rubbing circles on his back and shushing him quietly. He was confused by why she was doing this until he felt something wet slide down his cheeks. He was crying. And he didn't even realise it. He slowly wrapped his arms around her and cried into her neck.

They stayed like that for a while before (Y/N) spoke up.

"Do you not have anywhere to go?"

He shook his head, his face still buried in her neck.

"You can stay here with me if you want...You could be cleaned and washed. You would be well fed and you could have your own room, with clean clothes and anything else you would need. But you would also be with Daniel."

He paused for a moment before lifting his face and stepping back to face her.

"Thank you..."