Memory

Ciel stood in the same spot where he had seen the carriage drive off. He could still see the (E/C) eyes inside the carriage. It had to be her. Nobody else had eyes that beautiful.

Everyone had left at Sebastian's request. Except Elizabeth. She had refused to leave and wished to know why her fiance seemed so interested in the rude girl.

"CIIEEEL!" She jumped onto the back of Ciel and rubbed her cheek against his.

"Get--GET OFF!" Elizabeth jumped back at his sudden shouting but brushed it off as anger for the girl who made her cry.

"Did you find out who that mean girl was?" She crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side in an attempt to look cute which failed according to Ciel.

"Yes." He looked back towards were the carriage had driven off to and pictured the (E/C) eyes in his head.

"Well? Who was it? I wish daddy to speak with them!" She pouted and grabbed Ciel's hand who wriggled it away.

"Shes a childhood friend of mine. I haven't seen her in a long time..." Elizabeth perked up at this.

A childhood friend? A female childhood friend? If he hasn't seen in a long time, why did she show up? Surely Ciel wouldn't invite her...She best not be here to get in the way of us! Daddy shall need to speak with her!

"Oh!" Elizabeth put on her best fake smile. "How nice! Well I best be off! Daddy should be...should be waiting for me! Bye bye Ciel!" She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before running off. Ciel ignored the kiss and walked back inside the mansion. Mey rin, Bard and Finny were clearing away the mess the guests had left. They had stood up as Ciel entered. They too, wanted to know why Ciel had been frantic to know were the strange girl had left to. He ignored them and carried on to the stairs before proceeding to walk up to his room. The three heard the loud slam of the office door and winced as it echoed down to the hall.

"Never seen the master like this..." Mey rin commented.

"He usually don't lash out at Miss Elizabeth like that..." Finny said

"Ay, somethin's up..." Bard puffed smoke from his cigarette as he nodded.

"I believe, It is something to do with Miss (Y/N) (L/N)." The three jumped at Sebastian's sudden appearance and gave him a look to continue.

"The young female was the fiance to Ciel, many years ago."

"What!? But! Miss Elizabeth has always been the lords fiance!"

"No. The two were engaged up until the age of 5. A meeting was held between Alexis Leon Midford, Vincent Phantomhive and (F/F/N) (L/N). In the meeting an agreement between Midford and Phantomhive took place so as that Master Ciel and Miss Elizabeth were to be engaged and married. Apparently (L/N) had no say into the agreement after Midford threatened his buisness. But that is just a rumor."

The three servants were shocked.

"B-but, master Ciel didn't love her...did he?" Finny spoke up quietly.

Sebastian glanced down at him before sighing.

"When the master was younger he had numerous breakdowns concerning his parents' death. During those times, he would mutter about Miss (Y/N) (L/N). From what I could gather, he most certainly did love her."

Finny gulped.

"And from what just occured...It appears he may still have slight feelings for her."

"B-BUT! WHAT ABOUT MISS ELIZABETH!? HES ENGAGED TO HER NOW!"

"Mey rin! Keep your voice down! You'll cause the master to appear!" Bard hissed.

"I have no control over the lords feelings. He can feel how he please. The only time I must intervene is if, I am asked to by the lord or it endangers him." Sebastian stated. "Now. We have gotten very off track. Continue cleaning while I fetch tea for the young lord." He walked off towards the kitchen as the others continued to clean.

"It is strange though..." He muttered "The young lord is engaged yet he loves another woman...How interesting...

The ride back to the (L/N) estate had been very quiet. Slowly along the journey, tears had slid down the cheeks of (Y/N) without her realising it. They had been wiped away by Chris as he held onto her arm. She leaned back, resting her head on the soft seat inside the carriage. With the quiet atmosphere and the slow rock as the carriage hit a dent in the road, (Y/N) slowly drifted to sleep.

She was still asleep when they arrived at the mansion and no quiet whispers or gentle rocking from her brothers could wake her up. Jason had to carry her out of the carriage and into her room. He didn't change her as he thought it to be inappropriate, so he left her in the dress and tucked her into bed. She immediately grasped the stuffed toy Ciel had gotten her and held it close to her chest. He smiled lightly before kissing her lightly on the forehead.

"Goodnight, my Princess."

"Ciel? Cieeel? C'mon! Can you please come out?" The small girl them squeaked as someone grabbed her shoulders. Standing behind her was a young Ciel Phantomhive.

"Ciel! Don't do that!! You scared me." The young girl pouted and crossed her arms making Ciel think she was mad at him.

"W-w-wait you're not mad at me are you!? Please don't be! Im sorry!!" He grabbed the young girls hand and looked into her eyes.

"Its fine! I'm not mad at you! Just...don't scare me, okay?" He nodded frantically and smiled.

"So, you were shouting me, weren't you? Whats the matter?" They started walking along the long halls together hand in hand.

"Well...Well I--Um I..." She fumbled with her words, trying to find the right way to ask. She sighed and took hold of both his hands.

"Ciel. Do. You. Love. Me?" She stared seriously into his eyes and squeezed his hands.

He first didn't know how to respond. He felt his face slowly flushing and he kept on opening and closing his mouth, making himself look like a fish.

"W-W-W-Wait! You don't h-have to answer--!" She was interrupted by Ciel giving her a quick childish peck, on the lips.

"I love you (Y/N)!"