TRUE ENDING

"They say there is a reason,

They say that time will heal,

But neither time nor reason,

Will change the way I feel,

For no-one knows the heartache,

That lies behind our smiles,

No-one knows how many times,

We have broken down and cried,

We want to tell you something

So there won't be any doubt,

You're so wonderful to think of,

But so hard to be without."

"Who wrote that one mummy?" An airy voice asks.

"It says 'Unknown Author', my sweet."

"Aw," The girl pouts. "I liked that one."

(Y/N) says nothing but smiles down at her daughter who clings to her legs.

For a girl who likes nothing more than to skip around all day and talk to her toy bear, pretending hes going on dangerous adventures and meeting new people, poetry out of all things was what could get her to sit in one place for hours. She had even converted a small corner of the manors library into a pillow den, a place that acted as her own little world for her to sit in and read books and collections full of poetry and haikus.

"Do you want me to read you another one, Jo?" She asks but the 13 year old just shakes her head and clutches her bear tighter.

"No that's fine, mummy. Farleen said she was baking a cake earlier so I wanted to go see it!"

(Y/N) grins at her daughter and pats her head lovingly before handing her the book of poems and watches as the girl skips off. Farleen had grown attached to Jo quite quickly when the girl was born and, with the feeling being mutual, the two could often be found together either in the girls library den or in the kitchen as Jo watched Farleen bake.

The woman breathed a happy and content sigh before turning around to face her desk again. But before she could carry in with what she was doing before Jo had come into her office, she heard a swift knock at and she turned around again frowning, though her expression quickly changed to one of delight as she smiled at the man in the doorway.

At the door was her husband Ciel Phantomhive.

She smiled warmly at him and he did the same, walking over to where she was sitting and leaning down to kiss her on the forehead lovingly.

"I just read a letter Ai and Mai sent us." He says and (Y/N) sighs tiredly but still grins at the thought of the two Japanese girls.

"Oh? What did it say?"

"They're asking for Everett to visit them again. They wish to help him with is sewing techniques."

He turned to the window in her office and watched as said 11 year old boy trotted around the garden looking for his 16 year old sister, quickly seeing Jo coming running out after him with a slice of cake on a plate.