Siblings

??? POV

Running. That's what I've been doing for the past week. I have no idea where Chris has gone to. But I intend to find out. If only I hadn't had gone with him. We wouldn't have been separated. Stupid of me to think I could be like him. Be as skilled as him. At least I stole a small bit of bread. Should last a day. Hopefully. Need to be careful. This road is full of nobles that wouldn't hesitate to kill me. Not to mention all the carriages. I need to go at the right time. The right time. The... right... NOW! Nearly, nearly, nearly, near--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head. Its hurts. I can feel blood flowing out of my head. What even happened? I was sure I had made it. I reached the end and... Oh. Now I remember. I nearly made it and a carriage swerved out of the way to avoid hitting me. That carriage hit another one and a horse kicked me in the side of the head. Funny how you can remember that much while being unconscious on the side of the street. Wait... I'm UNCONSCIOUS? I am! I can't--

Ow! I cant move to much. I can feel more blood falling down my head. I hear voices. Probably the carriage drivers or something.

What? Someones supporting my head. And...petting me? It feels, kinda nice. Like something a mother would do. Their hands are soft. I can hear another voice now. But closer. Its sounds high pitched. Must be a female. Her hands slightly tickle my face as she continues to stroke my hair. She doesn't sound old. Sounds like shes a few years older than me. She must be the person supporting me. She smells nice. Her aroma reminds me of tea cakes. A peacefully sweet smell. The blood on the side of my head had stopped flowing and something soft is tickling it. Did she wipe it away? From the way she talks, she sounds like a noble. So why is she helping me? Chris always told me nobles don't care about anyone apart from their business, their money and themselves. Was he wrong? Shes talking again, but what shes saying if muffled by the dizziness. I like her voice. Its calming. I want to listen to it all day. I'm starting to feel sleepy and not because of my head.

I'm being picked up. I can still smell the teacakes, so it must be her still. I haven't eaten in weeks, so i'm not surprised she can pick me up. I'm basically a bag of bones.

There's more talking, someone else. Words are becoming slightly clearer now. I can distinguish voices now. The new voice sounds like a boys. Maybe slightly older than the girl carrying me. He sounds like hes whining. I think I can slightly understand what their saying. The dizziness is fading.

'That boy' 'Caused this'

Are they talking about me? Sure I ran into the road, but still. Its not like I wanted to get hit.

'Who are you? Do you know this boy?'

Hes talking to the girl now.

'I'm (Y/N) (L/N).'

(Y/N) (L/N). The girl who showed me kindness. I...I will follow her forever! She showed me something that only my brother has shown me! So I shall show it back to her!

'We could take the boy'

What? No! I wan't to stay with (Y/N)! Why can't I protest!? I'm staying with her! I want to stay with her!

Her grip on me tightened. Does that mean... she wants me to stay? Shes walking again. I can hear the carriage horses! Shes keeping me! I can stay with her!

I can feel her putting me down and the shake of the carriage as the horses start trotting and we start moving. I can move my body slightly. The pain is bad, but tolerable. Using the strength I have, I wrap my arms around her and nuzzle into her stomach showing my appreciation. I then feel her petting me again. My cheeks feel warm and the butterflies in my stomach are starting to go mad. I like her. I like her a lot. I bet Chris will as well.

I've always wanted a sister.

Normal POV

(Y/N) continued to stroke the small boys head as she stared out of the window. It had begun to rain, not long after they started moving and the constant patting on the rain drops hitting the top of the carriage roof, becoming peaceful and relaxing. Watching the small boy snore softly all most made (Y/N) herself, doze off. But the sudden rock of the carriage stopping made her hit her head on the wooden slab behind the seat, causing her to grumble as she rubbed the spot were it hurt. The boy had started to wake and he nearly rolled off her legs. She grabbed his hand which prevented him from moving. He stopped at the sudden touch and turned around to face her...

.

.

.

.

.

with the most adorable look on his face.

(Y/N) couldn't stop the blood rushing to her cheeks as she looked into his chocolate brown eyes, hazed with sleep. He had an adorable bed head and he rubbed his eyes with his sleeve in the most childish way. Being the tsundere she was, (Y/N) quickly looked away and was helped out of the carriage by Jason, who had quickly arrived at the front when he heard his Princess was back. He frowned, which was unnoticed because of his never-changing expression, when he saw the small boy walk out and grab on (Y/N)'s arm.

"Princess, who... is this?" He gestured to the child who had latched onto her and looked like he was never going to let go.

"Him? He uh... We ran into some trouble during the ride" Jason tensed at the word 'trouble', (Y/N) didn't notice this of course and continued explaining. "Our carriage collided with another and the boy was injured by one of the horses. So I took him." Jason felt like face palming. But due to his position, it would be unprofessional. Yet he still couldn't believe his master just brought a child off of the streets.

"And what do you wish to do with the child?" (Y/N) paused at this. She stood for a while thinking. What was she going to do with the child? She could keep him. But, wouldn't he have a life? A life on the streets no less. It must be hard. Perhaps staying with her would be better. He'd have a home. Food. Proper clothes. But, would he be a guest? A room mate? Making him a servant could be good. Jason would have a little apprentice. But he seemed a little young...That's it! He shall be...!

"My younger brother!" Jason's expression, for once, changed from a frown. He had raised his eyebrows and his mouth slightly agape. "I intend to make him my younger brother! And you shall treat him as one! By the way" She turned to the boy as Jason opened and closed his mouth, like a fish. "Whats your name? My names (Y/N). If we're going to be brother and sister, we need to get to know each other. So we should at least start with our names."

The boy pauses. A number of emotions cross his face, due to what he has heard. He debates with himself on whether or not he should tell her. Chris told me not to trust them. But shes nice! Shes different! But should I...? Oh blow it! I'm telling her.

"My names Daniel. Its nice to meet you, sister."