Explanation

*MILD SUGGESTIONS OF RAPE*

For a while, (Y/N) and Nigel just stood there, hugging each other while in their comfortable silence.

(Y/N) would sniffle occasionally as she gripped onto her fathers clothes, scared that if she were to even loosen her grip even the tiniest he would slip away again.

Everything was peaceful, before (Y/N) was brought back to her senses.

She gripped her fathers shoulders and pushed him away.

"Where were you?...For so long, you were missing! Where could you have possibly been?" She asked in a soft concerned tone.

He seemed hesitant to answer. Her swallowed a lump in his throat and brought his daughter back into another hug. Her gripped her tightly, like she herself had done before.

"(Y/N)...I love you...I hope you know that...I really hope you know that..." He mumbled quietly but loud enough for (Y/N) to hear. She didn't hug back but instead just let her arms fall to her side.

"I had to leave...I had to...he said...he said he would take you from me...if I didn't..." He whispers. His tone sounded scared...very scared.

"What? Who?...Who said he'd...take me?..." (Y/N) dared to ask.

Nigel hesitated. He swallowed an unknown lump that had formed in his throat and opened his mouth to speak again.

"I-I never actually told you what I do for work, did I?" He said quietly.

(Y/N) shook her head and he continued.

"I...I work for a foreign...mafia boss..." He whispered and (Y/N)'s eyes widened.

(A/N: Cliche I know, just role with it.)

"M-Mafia boss?"

"Yes...It didn't mean to happen, it...it just did happen...B-But...then she had to get involved...I told her not to! I made her promise she wouldn't...!" He rambled angrily to himself as tears started to pool in his eyes.

As much as (Y/N) wanted to hate him for leaving her, she just couldn't. She had missed her father very much and was rather overjoyed that he had come back.

She reached into her breast pocket and brought out her hanker chief. She wiped away his tears before speaking.

"Who got involved...?" She asked soothingly.

Nigel grabbed his daughters hand she was using to wipe away his tears.

"Your mother..."

(Y/N) nearly chocked on air.

"M-Mother?"

"She somehow found out about my job and immediately wanted me to quit. But its not that easy in the Mafia. Once your in, your never out. Your mother thought that that was complete rubbish...I told her to stay away, but she was a stubborn woman....."

FLASHBACK

"What on earth do you mean 'you can't'?!"

(Y/N)'s mother yelled at Nigel.

"I already told you! You can't just leave the mafia! Its too dangerous!" Nigel yelled back.

"Why did you even join them anyway!? Did you not even think about your child!? About (Y/N)!?"

"Of course I did! Its...Its just complicated, alright! You wouldn't understand!"

"Of course I wouldn't understand," (Y/N)'s mother scoffed "After all, I'm just a woman, aren't I? Just a house wife, a helper, a servant..." She hissed.