Pine Soap (Lena Luthor x Female Reader)

You had been working on an idea. A new, organic pine-scented soap.

Around your shop grew large pine trees, 'evergreens' you nicknamed them seeing as they were full of luscious dark green sprigs year-round.

Now, in November, the trees remain full. You figured if you gathered some of the sprigs you'd be able to grind them to a fine dust, making it easy to incorporate into the bars. It wasn't a bad idea and since you were doing nothing else you decided to try it.

So, donning a jacket and a large metal bowl, you made your way out to the many trees around the back of your building.

They swayed in the cool almost-winter air. The ground below the mighty trees was covered in a bed of the conifer sprigs.

Carefully you picked the needles, handfuls at a time. Quickly filling the bowl. You could already smell the pine scent wafting from the bowl and your hands. Yes. This would work just fine.

With a smile on your face, you made your way back to the shop.

As you rounded the building you saw a blue car and when you opened the door to your shop you were greeted with the sound of a slightly argumentative conversation.

"...what about the ocean? Y'know, the smell of the salty water and the sand?"

"Who said the ocean ever smelled good?"

In the main part of your shop stood someone you recognized and two people you did not. "Kara?" You said.

She turned around and so did the woman she was talking to. "Y/n!" She said with a smile. "We need your help."

You felt a little odd, still standing with the bowl of pine sprigs, but nonetheless, you smiled at them. "Kara...long time no see, how can I be of service?"

"Y/n, this is Lena-" she gestured to the woman on his right. You gave her a smile which she returned. You stared at her a little longer than you should have if honest. "-and this is Alex, my sister. It's her girlfriend's birthday and she needs a present."

"She's obsessed with soap and perfume so Kara figured you'd be perfect for the job," Alex said.

"O-okay." You said. "Uh, well, I specialize in...only soaps but I'm sure I can still help. Follow me."

You lead the three of them further into the shop where you had most of your women's fragrances. Although men tended to use the same ingredients just as much. "Um, okay... lavender, sage, rosemary." You pointed to three separate shelves. Kara and Alex began picking them up and sniffing different ones right away. "I also have mint, anise, bergamot, clary sage, cedarwood, and vanilla." You showed them the rest of your vast selection along with some of the less popular ones in case they couldn't find something else.

You noted how Lena seemed to be more taken with the more 'natural' smells, seeing her mostly stick to lavender and rosemary.

You stepped back a moment to allow Kara and Alex to discuss, or more like argue, about which scent they preferred.

"What are you making?" Said a voice. It was Lena. She gestured to the metal bowl in your hands and you looked down at the pines.

"Oh." You said softly, suddenly feeling a little nervous. "A pine-scented bar. I just figured I'd use fresh sprigs since they're right outside." You found yourself motioning in the direction of where the trees were and then lightly scolding yourself, seeing as they were way outside and it made no sense to point. "You like lavender?" You noticed the bar in her hand.

"I find it to be very relaxing." She said looking down at the soap.

"Well, it is an anxiolytic. I think that's why it's so popular." You chuckled to yourself. "Folks must be pretty stressed in this town."