A Different, but Welcome, Her (Daniela D.)

Lady Daniela was easily the most unruly Dimitrescu daughter.

That being said it was very surprising when she showed an element of gentleness to you. A measly maid who'd been working under the employment of her mother for just a couple of months.

After spotting you once while you served dinner it seemed that she couldn't get the thought of you out of her mind.

Her shadow slinked through the hallways, following you as you completed your daily task. Her flies, buzzing in your ears as you tried to focus and her presence hovering just behind you only for you to turn around and see nothing.

Honestly, you found it very flattering when you first realized how she felt. To be fancied by a royal, and a Dimitrescu no less is something that you never thought would happen to you.

You hoped she'd make a move soon but until then your nights were spent just dreaming.

With another month passed your hopes had started to dwindle. Her presence was missed deeply as the sound of her flies grew fainter and fainter, and her maniacal laugh was gone from the empty halls. Lady Dimitrescu seemed to have no issue with her daughter's absence, perhaps she had something to do with it? You wished you could ask but you'd be a fool to approach the Lady and interrogate her.

What little information the other maids had was no help and with no other way to figure out what had happened to Miss Daniela you were forced to continue with your days, unsure of where she was.

It was when you were working in the library, sorting through books and putting them back in their respective places, the echo of a familiar laugh sent shivers down your spine. You could barely contain the urge to look out into the main reading area with the hope of catching a glance of who you thought you heard.

Then all was quiet.

You held your breath, hoping you could hear it again, just once more. Please-

"You're awfully tense little one."

You nearly jumped a foot. Your heart, racing, pulse-pounding, throat holding back a shout. Turning around swiftly you were met with the gleaming smile of the vampire-like being that had been making you swoon for the better part of three months now. "L-Lady Daniela," you stammered.

"Hello, little lamb." She stood, cleaned of all blood, seemingly in a fresh black cloak. Just behind her shoulder, you could see the edge of her sickle which she tried to hide a little more with a...nervous chuckle? "Long time no see..."

"Yes...Lady Daniela, I apologize, you gave me quite a fright."

"Then I am the one to apologize," she shifted on to one foot and then the other, "I was away for a while, Mother sent me..." she didn't finish, leaving the sentence to trail off.

You didn't know what to say and this seemed to make her even more nervous.

"I see you're logging books, I was never one for reading, It's more Bela's thing."

You nodded and some more awkward silence ensued. You could sense her nerves and hurt increasing.

"I...I'm sorry if my absence...hurt- did something to..."

You frowned, more at yourself. After what felt like an eternity of yearning for her you were making her feel unwanted and unwelcome. What was wrong with you? "I'm sorry M'lady. I...hope your return was...without issue. If there's anything I can do to make things better for you, please...let me know."

She exhaled sharply and took a step towards you. "There is something..."

You stepped back slowly, heart racing. She just took another step forward.