Rough Day (Alcina D.)

Her human was agitated all day.

From the moment she awoke to now, her darling, her Y/n had worn a scowl and a mean attitude to whoever came across her.

A couple of times, Alcina had tried to ask her maiden what was wrong, but the girl just frowned and insisted that it was nothing.

And of course, being the caring partner and observant woman that she was, Alcina knew that she was lying though any provocation seemed to just annoy Y/n further.

So, she left her alone which was fine. Alcina had multiple meetings today anyways. And unlike her human, she was actually having a rather fine day despite running into Heisenberg and his loud mouth a few times.

When she got home she made the mistake of thinking that all would be fine. Her assumptions were swiftly proven wrong the moment she opened the front door. "Mother!!!" a pissed Daniela said. It was as if her precious daughter had been waiting for her to arrive.

"Yes, my darling?"

"Cassandra stole my kill, and Bela keeps ignoring me! And your man-thing is just sitting in the library looking upset! What's wrong with it? It's so depressing!"

A deep breath was taken by Alcina as she registered her daughter's complaints. She would not lose her good attitude to trivial matters such as this. "Remember when you stole Cassandra's kill last week? This is probably some sort of....revenge. You should both apologize to each other. I will speak to Bela about her silent treatment and...Y/n is...having a rough day. It's...it's a human thing."

"Fine," her youngest grumbled mostly at the apologize to your sister part. She offered a grateful smile at her answers before saying, "Thank you, Mother." Alcina didn't even have time to think before nimble arms were wrapped around her briefly in a hug before they dissipated to flies and flew away.

Alcina found that to be.... interesting to say the least. She went about heading to her room to change into something more comfortable and ended up swapping the heels, hat, and dress for simple sweatpants and a t-shirt, of course just her size, before heading to check on her eldest.

She found the young vampire in her own room, reading yet another book. The scene of her cozied up near the fireplace was something to behold and Alcina found herself smiling softly at the sight before catching her daughter's attention. "Mother," she said, glancing up at her, curt and brief. "How was your meeting?"

"It was fine...how did you spend your day? Reading?"

Bela gave her a small nod as she moved a little closer into the room. Oh, her Bela. The calmest and quietest of the girls. She rarely got into trouble and even then it was when her sisters dragged her along. Ever since she was 'reborn' Alcina found that she preferred reading a thick novel over chasing her sisters through the halls any day.

"What's this one about?" It was a different book than what she had seen her reading yesterday. She often wondered, and sometimes envied, how Bela could speed through books as if it were nothing.

"Brian's Winter."

"Oh? That's the boy from the other novel, correct?"

"Yes." She let Alcina sit close beside her as they spoke. "It's a...sequel sort of, going into detail about what Brian would have had to do if he were stranded for a few more months during the winter."

"Interesting..." She wasn't lying. It did seem intriguing but she also sort of needed to know why she had ignored her sister today. "Daniela and Cassandra went out hunting today, yes?" She already knew the answer.