Pt 1 Chapter 6 - Accords

Nat's POV

She rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes, her touch made me calmer. After a while I rested my head back against her headboard and felt my eyes flutter shut. Together we fell asleep, feeling the comfort of not being alone once again. Sleeping was always hard for me, being alone it brought back my years in the red room. But I had never told anyone that.

I woke the next morning, we had slid further to lay down in her bed, her head was on my chest. I didn't really remember it happening but it didn't bother me. I woke first, it was peaceful. I looked down at the beautiful sleeping girl, carefully I placed a hand on her hair and softly ran my fingers through it. Slowly she began to wake and a sleepy groan escaped her lips. "Morning." I said quietly.

"Sorry." She mumbled sitting up. "This keeps happening."

"I don't mind." I assured her with a smile. She looked at me for a moment, I couldn't tell what she was thinking. 

"I'm so stupid, someone should have taken that bottle off me after the first glass!" She joked. Her eyes were tired and she looked a little washed out.

"Do you feel ok?" I asked. She shook her head and collapsed back onto the bed. I pulled her closer, letting her rest her head on me again. I stroked her hair again and she drifted back to sleep. I was alone with my thoughts again, but they were calm.

Y/n's POV

I slept another hour with Nat, until Steve knocked on the door. I opened my eyes slowly. "Yes?"

"Y/n, have you seen Natasha?" I smirked as I looked up at the red-head. She shook her head meaning, don't tell him. "Er no sorry, maybe she went for a run?" She tried not to laugh.

"Can I come in?" Steve asked. My eyes widened and I had to put my hand over my mouth to stop me laughing. "Shut up!" Nat laughed quietly at me.

"No, no, I just got out of the shower." I called back to Steve.

"Ok, sorry. Tony said there's an important meeting at 9. Please take some pills and get up." I heard his footsteps walk away and I burst out laughing. Nat hit me with a pillow. "Best sneak back to your room." I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"But here is nice, it's a break. I'll just wear something of yours." She smiled. We were the same size and I had lots of clothes now, it was fine.

"Ok, grab whatever you want." She pulled out a tank top and jeans.

"I want to grab my jacket as we leave." Nat said. We got dressed and I waited for her when she got her leather jacket from her room, we wandered to the meeting room to find Tony and the others already waiting for us. There was a stirn looking, grey haired man at the front. We slowly entered the room, Nat and I took a seat quietly; I smiled at Wanda and she smiled weakly back.

"Y/n, Natasha, this is Secretary Ross." Tony waved his hand at the greyed man. Tony sat slumped in the corner, his arms crossed over his chest, I could tell he had something on his mind. Everyone watched as the man continued his talk from before we entered.

"Five years ago I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my back swing." He was swinging his arms, swinging an imaginary club. "Turned out it was the best round of my life because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass; I found something forty years in the Army never taught me. Perspective." The room remained silent, and dull as Ross seemed to tell a pointless story. "The world owes the avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives. But while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some who prefer the word vigilantes." Everyone glanced at each other and Nat sat up, ready with a sarcastic reply to the Secretary's statement.