Pt 2 Chapter 1 - To the end of the earth

Y/n's POV

We went to visit Clint and Nat rang Steve before we left. Tony was basically back at his mansion and I think Rhodey might have been going with him. They took it well when we told them we were going to spend a month in cornwall. We were taking a normal plane, it was easier than trying to hide a quinjet from farmers in Cornwall.

"Ready?" Nat smiled at me as we boarded one of Tony's private jets. We couldn't take a public plane, there would be too much publicity. We walked up the slope together and took a seat next to each other on the cream leather sofa. "Thank you for doing this." I smiled at the woman.

"Of course, I can't wait to see where you grew up." She squeezed my hand. Natasha was always so strong and sassy but when we were alone she was really sweet. "A family friend has a small cottage we can have for the month. I didn't mention it because I only got it fully arranged last night. She was putting it up for rent but is letting us have it before she puts it up on the market." I told her and she nodded.

We watched some TV and had a few drinks on the plane before we landed at the airport. A car was already there ready to take us to the house nestled away near Bodmin moor. I grew up exploring and riding on Bodmin moor and the place we were staying was a 15 minute walk from my childhood home. The car pulled up the drive and stopped. It was a quaint little cottage with a small garden and ivy growing up the walls. Trees created a sort of border around it and beyond them were rolling grassy fields. "This definitely beats skyscrapers and compounds." Nat sighed, looking around and taking in the scenery. We took our bags inside and dumped them by the door. The interior was sweet and cozy, an open fireplace and leather sofas with red tartan throws. The kitchen was furnished with oak cabinets and a stove. "This is so beautiful." I smiled and Natasha began to head upstairs. I followed suit and into the bedroom. "One room?" Nat smirked.

"I... Well... I just thought that-" I stuttered but Nat's smile stopped me.

"It's ok." She went on into the bedroom. It was sweet and small. It was perfect.

"So I guess we unpack then." I moved my hands, using my powers and our luggage flew up the stairs and landed softly on the bed. I put some of Nat's favourite music on my phone and we got to work on putting our clothes away in the oak drawers and wardrobe. Nat sang along in her rough tone, it was different to mine but I thought it was beautiful. She hadn't really sung in front of me before and I was surprised as to how good she was.

That afternoon I drove her to the local town to get food. I had rented a black range rover for the month so that we could explore and travel. I drove along, taking in the familiar roads that I had gone along so many times. Nat watched me as I looked around. We pulled into the local town, it was an old town, with old stone buildings. We pulled into the car park of the supermarket. Inside the shop we went around each isle slowly, filling our trolley with all the essentials as well as anything Nat wanted to try. Food was slightly different in England. "A digestive?" Nat said, picking up a pack of my favourite biscuits. "Chocolate digestive?" She frowned, looking at the packs beside it. "What is a digestive? It says a biscuit. Like a cookie?" I nodded at her, it was funny knowing something that Nat didn't.

"They're only the best tea dunking biscuit there is! As well as Custard creams." I picked up a pack of the cream coloured biscuits. "Tea dunking?" Nat questioned again. I widened my eyes in shock.

"You don't know what tea dunking is? You have a lot to learn!" I laughed. I put 5 different packs of biscuits in the trolley. We moved onto the sweet isle where Nat was fascinated by all the different types, surprised by the fact that most of them didn't have artificial sugars or colours. By the end of the shopping trip my trolley was stacked high with things, mostly Nat's choice. It looked like I was shopping for a party or classic english tea. There was normal food as well as crumpets, pasties, tea cakes and scones. "English food is so cute." Nat laughed as we put the food in the back of the car. "Is it?" I replied, raising an eyebrow.

We got home and I put the kettle on as Nat unpacked the food. "Do you want a cuppa?" I asked, getting her out a cup. "A cuppa?" She looked up from putting the tins in the cupboard. "A cup of tea?" I frowned at her.

"Oh, yes please." I didn't know if Nat had had tea before, she grew up in Russia so I didn't know if they had tea. "Did your parents make tea? In Russia. Do Russians drink tea?" I asked. No one had really told me about Nat's past. She hadn't told me yet which was fine, the others had warned me not to pry. "Um. I didn't really know my parents and where I was raised we weren't given it. I don't think Russia is a tea drinking kind of country." She said quickly, she didn't look away from the fridge. "I'm sorry Nat. I... I didn't know." I apologise. The kettle boiled and I began to pour the tea. Nat finished with the food and we took a seat on the sofa.

"I think it's about time I told you about my past Y/n." She looked down at the steam rising from her cup.

"Only if you're ready." I tilted my head to look at her softly. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"If we're going to do this. You need to know the truth." I looked at her and she cleared her throat.

"Before joining the avengers. Or even shield. Before I had this job, this family. I had nothing. I was raised in the red room. It trained us to kill, to be assassins basically. It ruined my life. It was a living hell and when I left things didn't really look up. I-" She took another deep breath as her voice became shakier. "When I worked for KGB I made a lot of enemies. I made a lot of mistakes. I killed so many. It broke me. I was one of the most dangerous people, the black widow was a threat to society. But then I met Clint. He was already working for shield. They sent Barton to kill me, but he saw the true me. The hidden concealed part of me that hated what I had become. He saw my potential and with his help I was recruited into Shield." I listened carefully as she explained. I could see she was struggling but that was ok.

"My real name isn't even Natasha. It's actually Natalia Alianovna Romanoff. Clint and the team started calling me Natasha because it was easier. I liked it, it gave me a chance to sort of start over. Clint was my partner and it went from there. When the avengers started me and Tony and Clint were the first recruits. There's not much to say apart from that. The start of my life was not something I'm proud of, it still affects me every day. But this job and this family has made me a better person. I'm still trying to live up to that."

"Nat. I'm so so sorry. I can't even imagine... wow."

"I'm broken Y/n. You need to understand that."

"No you aren't. That wasn't your fault. Believe me Nat." Nat began to cry and I put my cup down to pull her into a hug.

"They took everything from me..." She mumbled.

"No, you have us. You have me." I cupped her face and looked into her watery eyes.

"There... They. They have a graduation ceremony... They sterilize you." Nat wiped the tears from her eyes and tried to put on a brave smile. She took a deep, shaky breath. "It's efficient. One less thing to worry about... The one thing that might matter more than a mission. Makes everything easier. Even killing. I've only ever told one other person, but even he's gone now." Nat stared at me. My heart dropped at her words, my heart ached for her, it was an unimaginable feeling. It tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at her, just as she had done to me many weeks before. "Natasha..." I began. But she stopped me, taking hold of my hand which was holding her face. She pulled it down and smiled at me. "Don't feel sorry for me. It's not for you to worry about. I've made peace with it." I nodded at her request. She dropped her head down and our foreheads touched. "Y/n."

"Yes."

"This leap of faith. However far you wish to go, I'm with you all the way." She whispered. I looked up at her, then down at her soft lips. "I'll go to the end of the earth as long as I have you." I smiled at her and laughed lightly. She looked at me and slowly we learnt into it. She put a soft kiss on my lips and her hands came up to cup my face. My fingers ran through her hair as I sunk into it. "To the end of the earth." She whispered to me as we pulled away. "Together." I replied. We stared at each other for a moment before sitting back.

I laughed nervously and picked up my tea. "Try it." I smiled, looking down at her cup. She picked it up and sipped it, smiling.