Pt 2 Chapter 10 - Are you out of your mind?

Y/n's POV

We got breakfast the following morning at the coffee shop down the road. We knew we were still doing a job, one that had to be efficient, but Nat wanted to make me feel better with a little treat for breakfast. We kept our heads down but also kept an eye out for the boys. Nat still had the phone from Cap. It was in her pocket, she had kept it close hoping they might see us and send a text. Now that we were here she was determined to find them, she wouldn't stop and I was ready to go with her. "Just send hey." I looked at her over my steaming hot chocolate. She looked up from her buttery toast.

"Hey? Just hey?"

"Yeah!" I sort of laughed. She looked at me, an eyebrow raised. "I can't just send hey, its for emergencies only." She took a sip of her own drink as we sort of just stared at each other. I glanced over her shoulder out of the window. Two men passed, the thick build of the one closest to the window looked familiar and the walk of the second reminded me of someone. I watched them pass. Nat turned to look, shifting in her chair. "Do you think it's them?" I asked her and she nodded. I sighed, I had been quite enjoying my breakfast. Nat downed her coffee and I drank the remainders of my drink before throwing the cash on the table and leaving with the rest of our toast. Nat walked fast, faster than me. I jogged to keep up, her face in a determined smile. "Slow down!" I laughed but she didn't listen. I could see the blue cap of the larger man bobbing over the heads of the crowd. The only man I knew who was that tall was Steve. Nat pushed through the people, cutting through a side alley to escape the slow moving bodies. We came back out a little further over the street. Slightly in front of the people we were following. I got a glance at the strong face of the man before Nat pulled me aside, leaning against the wall, watching them get closer. I saw her face light up as she fully looked upon her friend. "Well go on then!" I told her, confused as to why she wasn't going over. She shook her head. I looked away, sort of searching for a reason she would be waiting. She let them pass, but stayed close behind them. "I want to know where they are going." She smirked. 

It was a sunny morning, bright enough to warrant sunglasses. So she took two pairs from her bag and handed me a pair. We put them on, her attempt at better blending in with the other people. Sam looked over his shoulder and I could have sworn I made eye contact with him for a split second. He looked up a little, talking to the taller man, Steve. "I'm going to laugh if these two aren't actually Sam and Steve." I sniggered at Nat but she just looked at me with an expression that told me to shut up. We followed them through the street, they took a right hand turn, opposite to the rest of the main street. The men went on up the hill, heading towards the houses. The mass of busy people began to thin as we passed the last shops. The tall man looked around at us this time and he pushed his partner into the nearby street on the left. Nat took a grasp of my arm and pulled me into the next street. We went down, looking for a cut through to the one the boys had gone down. Nat looked over her shoulder, walking too fast for me to keep up at a walk. She broke into a run and I quickened to keep up. She darted to the left through a short cut and came out into the other street. The boys were nowhere to be seen. Nat pulled out her gun as she walked on. I stayed behind her as she went on up the street. It led out onto another street, this time one that had a road with flowing traffic. She spotted the men on the opposite side of the road and jogged across in front of a yellow car. The horn beeped loudly as it braked. I put my hand up apologetically, trailing behind Nat. We closed the distance between us and the men but as they turned off onto another road they stopped. It was empty and shaded, leading up a hill. It was narrow with dark brick buildings lining the path. The men turned, walking towards us. Now I was certain it was Sam and Steve. Steve grasped Nat's wrist and Sam took hold of mine and they pulled us into an archway that led into a car park behind one of the buildings. 

They pushed us against the wall and both removed their sunglasses in the shaded light of the arch. We removed our own. I felt the cold of the concrete cooling my back. It took me back to the previous afternoon where I was against the wall in the rain, their hands on my body. I breathed a little faster, my face must have shown my thoughts as Sam frowned in concern and stepped back, releasing me. I took a deep breath and felt Nat's fingers intertwined with mine to calm me.