Pt 5 Chapter 14 - Avengers

Y/n's POV

I used my powers to make an energy shield around myself. I wanted to scream for someone around me, anyone. But the air was thick with dust as the building exploded.

When the dust finally settled I was able to open my eyes, they stung from the dust but I had blocked the worst of it with my powers. I looked up to see a great ship in the sky and missiles hitting the building repeatedly. I was in a hole that had fallen into some sort of underground tunnel. "Cap? Tony?" I called but there was no use. I hadn't set up our comm, I assumed we didn't need it if we were just sitting at home. My eyes darted around in the dark until a red light flashed. The tunnel was lit up in a shade of crimson, the same colour as the blood now dripping from my lip.

"What the actual fuck just happened?" I yelled; partially to myself, partially to get others' attention and partly because I hoped I had just woken up from a bad dream and that I wasn't really alone. .

"Well I think the compound just completely blew up!" I laughed, becoming aware that I was talking to myself. I walked down the tunnel slightly. On the floor was the melted gauntlet, still with all six stones embedded in its surface.

"Well would you look at that." I chuckled. I looked up the tunnel and heard a deep grumble from some sort of creature. I grabbed the glove, careful not to touch the stones. My powers helped me out of the hole. As I flew up the creatures that followed the sound climbed the walls to follow me. I emerged on the surface to find nothing left. Everything had been blown up, the only thing remaining was the huge ship in the sky. Amongst the rubble I spotted Steve, Tony and Thor on a ledge, looking out across the destruction. I flew up to them and set the gauntlet down behind Steve. I looked in the direction they were looking in and spotted it. The thing we dreaded most. Thanos.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor sighed. The purple thing sat on a boulder, doing nothing.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked, not realising I had them.

"Steve." I mumbled, the man turned and saw the glove..

"Well at least he doesn't have them." Tony nodded.

"So let's keep it that way." Steve ordered.

"You know it's a trap right?" Thor sighed.

"Yeah, I don't much care." Tony replied.

"Good." Thor nodded. "Just as long as we're all in agreement." He raised his hands as lightning crackled around his arms and the sky became overcast with dark grey clouds. Thunder clapped high above the destruction. A great beam of lightning struck Thor as his axe and hammer flew to his hands.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and noticed Clint had appeared beside me.

"Let's kill him properly this time." The God said in a determined tone.

"What about you know what?" I whispered.

"Barton, take it and go." Steve ordered as Thanos looked up at us.

"But!" He began but Steve had already put it in his arms. I huffed but joined the others as they began to walk down towards our enemy. As we got close Thanos smiled, a wicked yet friendly grin that made my stomach flip.

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." The titan spoke as we approached him. "I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive..." He spoke as the four of us split up. "But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be." He turned to look at Tony "They will resist."