Pt 5 Chapter 29 - Happy endings

Nat's POV

I sat down at my desk, coffee in hand, wrapped in Y/n's favourite jumper. I was feeling nostalgic as I opened the photo album that was in its usual position on the slightly wonky shelf. Y/n had taken Haz out to see her new friends and the others were off doing something for the weekend. Which left me alone in the house for the first time in days. Truthfully I should have taken to moments of silence to do my work but I just couldn't bring myself to look through the long list of files.

So, my fingers fumbled with the ribbon on the book and then ran across the pattern cover. I opened the book to the first page. "Our life." Was written in Y/n's slightly messy hand. Beneath it was a little handprint that Harriet had put on the page when she was younger.

As I flicked through the pages memories of the past 9 years came flooding back.

The first party in the compound that Y/n was apart of. The party where we first made a connection.

Pictures of the cottage in cornwall. Images of me walking up the path, or Y/n sat by the river. White stones in her hands and a bright smile on her face. As I stared at the next image of Y/n asleep in the first bed we shared I felt a warmth spread through my heart.

The Stark wedding. Photographs of Y/n and I slow dancing, then moments of us widely dancing on the tables captured in a blur. In every one the brightest smile on our faces.

Stark's gender reveal party. The team dressed in pink and blue.

The day we decorated Haz's room. We were covered in paint and dressed in old clothes.

That magical day we became parents as we introduced our bundle of joy to our family. Her tiny face content as I held her in my arms. The banner and the cheers from the others. Celebrating with us as we made our dream come true.

Our holiday to Wakanda. The african sunsets that cast gold over our skin.

Our wedding. The day everything fell in to place.

Memory after memory was on the page.

Harriet's first steps, her first ballet class. Our 2 year wedding anniversary. The time Haz painted all of Y/n's face. Or when I climbed the tree in the park because she had begged me to. Small moments captured of our time together. Until the final page, the three of us stood together by our very own home.

When I think back to what my life was like... there really is no way to describe my present apart from calling it a miracle. If you'd told ten year old me that I'd be married with a daughter and the biggest trouble in my life being what colour to redecorate the bathroom with i'd have laughed.

The day I reentered the red room I believed I would never leave, never find home again. I was taught that I had no place in the world, I was simply just a weapon. But I only let that pain make me stronger. I never let myself give up hope. And I got out, I found a future and it led me to the love of my life.

There's something soft about our love, gentle even. A pureness I never knew existed, unspoken connection with an intense amount of trust. Her touch brings me comfort, her laugh makes me giddy. Like a shard of sunlight she brightened my life and blocked out the over casting shadows of my past.

Y/n helped me to heal, to grow and to learn. I learnt to love, to trust, to feel again. Happiness like i'd never know before entered my life and I felt like I took a breath of fresh air for the first time ever. It was magical.

Dancing and singing into the night, alone together. Passion, kindness, respect shared between two souls. She was my miracle and changed my life for ever. Forever of course is a long time but that's how long my love will last. Because as long as we're together we'd be able to go to the end of the earth. Although there was something inside me that felt this was the end. I didn't seek anything more just what we had, in the here and now, forever.