Pt 4 Chapter 4 - Scavenger hunt

Y/n's POV

We were sitting in the living room with everyone when my phone began to ring. "Who's that?" Rocket asked.

"Pepper." I mumbled getting up to answer the phone. Nat got up to join me. I ran to our room and we shut the door, answering the phone.

"Hey Pep? You alright?" I asked, putting it on speaker.

"Yeah, I'm really good actually." She replied, her voice almost sounded shaky and slightly echoed.

"Okay? Well, do you need anything. Is everything alright with Tony?" Nat asked.

"Oh hi Nat Yeah no. Everything is perfect. I just... I just need to tell you, while Tony's in the shower." Nat and I looked up from the phone and exchanged glances.

"Baby?" Nat mouthed to me and I nodded slowly.

"Come one then, spill." I replied quickly.

"You know the dream. Well... yeah. I'm pregnant." She whispered.

"Oh my God! Congratulations!" I chuckled.

"Have you told Tony?" Nat asked.

"No, I'm doing it tonight. But I just had to tell somebody! I'm so happy!" Pepper almost sounded as if she were about to cry.

"Well congrats Mrs Stark. We'll see you when you get back. Enjoy." Nat was smiling down at the phone.

"Thanks guys. See you when we get back." She put the phone down and me and Nat smiled at each other. I was really excited for them, I had always loved children which was quite weird as most people my age hated them. But I couldn't wait to have my own so it would be nice to have a little Tony running around the place. 

Nat moved over and pulled me into a hug. She pulled back and looked at my face. I had tears in my eyes and I smiled as she looked at me. They were tears of joy, for Pepper and Tony, but also tears of slight disappointment as I thought about how we didn't have that. 

"I can tell what you're thinking." She sighed.

"No!" I smirked.

"No? I'll buy you ice cream if I'm wrong... You want one. You want your own little baby which you can spoil rotten and treat like royalty." She crossed her arms. The smile dropped off my face.

"That's not fair!"I sighed. "You already knew that before I did anything." 

"We will Darling. We just gotta wait till the right time." She patted me on the shoulder.

"When's that?" I frowned.

"Soon." She kissed me on the forehead and left the room. I smiled as the door closed behind her. "Soon." I mumbled. The pictures from the wedding reception were now stuck on our wall. I smiled at our crazy family. 

I returned to the living room to find some of the team in the kitchen. They stood in groups of two and Nat was on her own.

"What's this?" I laughed. Rhodey was standing on the other side of the island and everyone was opposite him. I stood next to Nat.

"So we're playing a little game, a competition if you will." He said in a grand voice.

"What game?" Nat frowned.

"A scavenger hunt. Whilst you were answering your call. We decided to do something stupid. So we decided on a scavenger hunt. I am going to write down 10 items that can be found anywhere on the grounds of the compound. First team to find all ten and get back here wins. You can't split up and there's no magic included."