Pt 4 Chapter 25 - The start of a new chapter

Y/n's POV

I woke up in Nat's arms the following morning. I quickly became aware that we had slept late into the morning and that our daughter would probably be wanting her breakfast. I ran my finger over Nat's cheek and she stirred awake.

"Morning Darling." I whispered, kissing her forehead.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked, her voice raspy and quiet.

"Better than ever, I was rather tired."

I watched as a cheeky smile spread over her gorgeous face.

"Last night was amazing." She almost giggled.

"Yes it was." I felt butterflies return. Natasha carefully stretched her arms and clambered out of bed.

Everyone was up late, the last person joined us in the kitchen at almost 12.

"Did you two have fun, I was surprised to have a very undisturbed sleep." Tony raised an eyebrow, eyeing me as I returned from the toilet.

"Yes thank you." I replied in the most normal voice I could manage. I felt my stomach flutter as I remembered the events of last night. My legs were a little achy but I think I was doing a good job of hiding it. Natasha watched me as I lowered myself carefully onto my chair. I knew she was proud of herself, especially after her not so little surprise which I very much enjoyed. 

Rhodey and Tony cooked everyone pancakes so we all moved to sit in the garden. Luckily we had chosen a week with nice weather so we could enjoy a slight warmth outside. Once the breakfast was ready Steve stood to toast. Everyone raised their glasses of juice.

"To the happy couple, and a wonderful honeymoon." He smiled at Natasha who returned the expression. Her fingers linked with mine under the table. I squeezed her hand. I don't think I had ever been happier.

We all tucked into the delicious food and made light chatter. The others were flying home this afternoon and we were to stay longer. Harriet was staying with us and we were going to treat it more like a family holiday.

After breakfast we all decided to lounge around the pool. Pepper sat reading a book, Rhodey and Tony were playing chess on the table. Morgan had been put down for a nap but Harriet was rather lively.

"Why don't we take her in the pool, see how she finds it." Natasha suggested.

I nodded and slipped off my clothes, revealing my bikini before diving into the cool water. As I floated to the surface Steve was clapping.

"It's cold!" I laughed.

"But it was a great dive." Steve reassured me. I looked over to Bruce who had been sat on the side of the pool, dipping in his toes. His hair was wet and his shirt was dotted with spray from the splash.

"Sorry!" I called. He just shrugged and went back to staring out across the garden.

Natasha crouched down beside the pool and handed me Harriet. I had moved to the shallow end so I had room above the water to hold Haz. Natasha pulled off her slightly damp top and slid into the water beside me. Her hair had begun to go waving from the water. She looked flawless in her bikini despite the scars and scratches.

I could see numerous bullet wounds on her shoulders. I had seen them countless times before but today in particular they caught my eye. Her thighs were dotted with faint red bruises and I knew I had a few on my collar bone. But I didn't care, everyone knew it was bound to happen so why make a big deal about hiding it.

Steve jumped into the deep end of the pool and swam over. Harriet was still in my arms, looking down at the water. She always loved having a bath and would try and play in any water she was near.