Pt 4 Chapter 7 - Exciting future

Y/n's POV

We went home that night, much past the time everyone had gone to bed. We snuck in through the balcony, trying our hardest not to giggle after consuming two bottles of wine. I tripped coming in the door but Nat's quick reflexes allowed her to catch me. "Careful love." She chuckled. We tiptoed to our room and got quickly changed. Nat hoped into bed and held her arms out for me to clamber on top of her. She put her arms around me and I snuggled into her chest. I could here her heart beat as I lay on her, her chest rose and fell slowly. Her t-shirt smelt of her perfume and her fingers ran softly through my hair. "Good night. I love you." I yawned.

"Good night Y/n. And I love you more." She whispered, kissing my forehead. We fell asleep quite quickly, both far too happy to be met with a nightmare or intrusive thoughts.

The following morning we were woken by a pounding on the door. It was Rocket. "Hey witchy! Cap says it's your turn to cook breakfast. And let me tell you I'm freaking star-" He was cut short as I flung the door open using my powers. I stood just inside the door, my arms crossed.

"Good morning to you too Rocket. How are you on this lovely morning?" I smiled, sweeping past him and striding on into the kitchen.

"I-Er. I'm good thanks." He stuttered. As I entered the kitchen Steve and Bruce were sat chatting at the table and the sound of Steve's old jazz music softly rang through the room. "Morning." I waved, walking to the fridge.

"Kiss me once. Then, kiss me twice. Then, kiss me once again. It's been a long, long time. Haven't felt like this, my dear. Since can't remember when. It's been a long, long time." I sang quietly to myself as I put the pans on the stove, ready to fry the bacon and eggs. I put the sausages in the grill and made a start on the smoothie. Nat came in to help, kissing me on the cheek as she passed. She oiled the pans and cracked three eggs into one. I passed her the bacon from the fridge as I got out the frozen fruit. We hummed to the music, swaying slightly. She began to make the toast as I blended the smoothie. As I flipped the bacon I got to making a pot of coffee.

After about fifteen minutes everyone was waiting at the dining table and the room smelt of a mix of meat, coffee and burning toast. I piled the toast, bacon and sausages on plates as I finished the eggs. Nat poured the beans into a bowl and the smoothie into a jug. We carried all the food over and everyone made a start on it. The room fell silent as we ate for a few minutes. "So how did everyone sleep?" Tony asked, looking around the group. He and Pepper had moved in for a few weeks as they were soon moving away to their new home outside of the city.

"I slept alright but I thought it was a little warm." Steve said casually, putting more bacon on his plate.

"There's AC for a reason." Nat laughed.

"Yeah but... I forgot." Steve frowned.

"Give the old man a rest Darling, he's still learning." I sniggered.

"For the last time. I'm not old. I'm 100, I'm not dead." He rolled his eyes at me. I winked at him and reached across Pepper to get to the beans.

"Oh my golly!" She smiled. I paused, looking at with a frown. She glanced down at Nat's hand. Everyone else followed her gaze with a frown.

"What?" I asked, faking my confusion.

"Don't play dumb Y/n. I can see the rings! Congrats." She smiled at Nat. Tony's eyes widened. I picked up the beans and sat back down beside Nat, a smile over my face.

"When did you get engaged?" Rhodey sniggered.

"Funny Rhodes." Nat narrowed her eyes on him. He shrugged and took a mouthful of buttery toast. "Last night? Remember I asked if I could take the jet?"