Pt 9 Chapter 9 - One step forward

Y/n's POV

The following morning we met in the meeting room and Tony brought up some images on the screens and we gathered around to begin planning the time heist.

"Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where." Steve told us, standing in front of the screens. The screens displayed images of the stones in their original forms, for example the tesseract or the orb from space. Steve looked at us all, determination written all over his face.

"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones." Steve told us.

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for damn near been killed by one of the six infintiy stones." Tony raised his hands, looking at us all with a mischievous smile. I looked over at Nat, she had put on a jumper and quickly put her hair out of the way of her face in order to focus more.

"Well I haven't." Scott and I said in unison.

"Not unless you count the actual gauntlet." I added.

"But I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott frowned.

"Regardless, we only have enough pym particles for one round trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce explained, wandering around the room.

"Our history." Replied Tony. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint sighed.

"Correct." Tony pointed at him.

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steve looked to Thor. He was slouched in the corner, sunglasses on, hand resting in the waistband of his joggers as he drank his beer. "Thor, what do you know?"

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked, clicking her pen. She had a leg resting on the table and her other hand resting on my thighs.

"No.no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodes sighed.

I threw a ball of paper at him. "I'm awake!" He groaned, getting up from his chair and hobbling over to the screens. The screen changed to focus on the reality stone. Thor took off his sunglasses to see it better.

"Uh, where to start? Um..." He tapped the screen with his glasses. "The Aether, firstly, it's not a stone. Someone called it a stone before." He pointed at steve. "Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing. So someone's going to need to amend that and stop staying that. Here's an interesting story though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the dark elves." He groaned.

"Didn't he say it wasn't a stone." I whispered to Rhodey and he nodded.

"Oooo. Scary beings." Thor continued with a giggle, he was tipsy on his several cans of beer. "So, Jane, actually... oh actually." He pointed at the picture of Jane that appeared on the screen. "There she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know she stuck her hand inside a rock one time and the Aether stuck itself inside her... and she became very, very, sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time you see and I got to introduce her to my mother." Thor excitedly told his story all the while Scott looked on excitedly whilst the rest of us frowned at his rabbles. His voice changed at the mention of his mother. "Who's dead no and um-" He sighed. "Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so.."

Bruce waved his hand across his neck, signalling for Thor to stop. "Yes, these things happen though. You know?" Thor continued. "Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that-"