Pt 4 Chapter 16 - The new generation

Y/n's POV

Our few days in Wakanda were blissful and the most fun I had had in ages. From riding rhinos or sunset picnics; to sparring with the Dora Milaje and playing with tech as well as using the bed enough to figure out if the vibranium used to make it made it any better than ours. I had to say it did, it made a noticeable and welcomed difference. We made memories we would cherish and made sure to take lots of pictures for the photo album we had decided to start to show Haz's childhood. Steve thoroughly enjoyed himself and smiled for most of the trip. I was glad to see them both so happy.
But soon enough our time in Wakanda drew to a close. We said our thanks and goodbyes to our wonderful hosts and flew home. Bruce was nowhere to be seen but there was a message from Tony. We had been in the house for no less than five minutes when Friday informed us that Pepper had had the baby, she had been a week early. There was also a second message saying both were healthy and at home if we wished to visit. Natasha and Steve exchanged glances and we got straight back onto the jet to go and visit the newest member of the Avengers family. Steve looked a little tired and Harriet was asleep. Natasha had gotten a lovely tan and looked as gorgeous as ever in her tight tank top. 
Once we landed at the Stark residence Tony came out to greet us. 

"I see you've been enjoying the sun." He smiled, eyeing the tans and slightly sweaty skin. 

"Sorry we didn't get your messages, we took a quick trip to Wakanda. Well, a couple days." Natasha told him. 

"Oh no worries, I wasn't saying to rush up here, just when you were free." 

"We are free everyday." I chuckled, following him up into the cabin. Inside was the familiar smell of wood and Tony's cologne. I heard the sound of the infant coming from the living area and we made our way to where Pepper was snuggling the tiny thing. She didn't even look as if she had given birth just days before, her hair was neat and the bags under her eyes were less than mine. I smiled when I saw her. 

Pepper looked up when we took a seat around her. I sat closest whilst Steve took a seat in the armchair, Harriet in his arms still sound asleep. She slept an awful lot, but it meant when she was awake she was awful good fun. The bundle in Pepper's arms moved and she held out her newborn daughter to me. The infant was small, even smaller than Harriet had been the first time I held her. They had the same pink skin however this little one had the newborn smell I had heard about. I smiled down at her, taking it in. Her eyes tried to open slightly and her tiny fingers wriggled a little. 

"Morgan isn't it?" I asked and Pepper nodded with a wide grin. Morgan had her father's hair, thick and dark. I passed her to Natasha and took Harriet off of Steve as he waited for his turn. Meanwhile Natasha was introducing herself to the little Stark. Pepper whispered "hello" to my daughter and she began to wake slowly. By the time Morgan had made her way to Steve Harriet had woken up and Pepper had held her finger out for the small hand to grasp. The room was filled with cooing babies and smiles all round. My heart swelled as I watched them both. Natasha turned to me as Tony took his daughter into his arms. 

"Crazy." I heard my fiance mumble. 

"It really is." I replied, glancing down at the baby in my own arms. Harriet was bigger now than Morgan but had the same amount of hair. 

"So, tell me. How was the birth?" Natasha asked Pepper kindly. 

"Actually it was surprising. Smoother than I had expected. We were watching the tv, snuggled on the sofa after a day out by the lake in the sun. I had little contractions which I thought were the start of bracks and hicks. Within half an hour my water had broken and so we went to the hospital. I was in labour for an hour and I think..." She frowned at Tony trying to remember.