Pt 4 Chapter 24 - A night to enjoy

Y/n's POV

It wasn't long before we had danced our heels off. My feet slowly began to ache as I felt the alcohol taking effect. I could see Rhodey tiring and Steve getting a little bored so we decided to call it a night.

"Thank you!" I pulled everyone into a tight hug.

"Try to keep it down tonight." Steve winked at Nat.

"Very funny grandpa." She mocked. It was now dark and well past 12pm. Pepper picked up her heels and Tony scooped her into his arms. Natasha rolled her eyes at the man and without warning scooped me up. My head was a little fuzzy as I let out a loud laugh, my arms wrapped tightly around her neck as I clung on.

"Goodnight!" She called carrying me upstairs. She almost stumbled on the top step causing us to erupt into more laughing so she had to put me down. On the way to our master suite we popped into Harriet's and Morgan's room to check on her. Our daughter was sleeping like a rock in the crib beside the tiny Stark. They looked gorgeous snuggled up in their blankets.

"Good night princess." Natasha whispered beside her crib. I squeezed her hand and she quickly turned on her heels as we headed to our room.

My stomach was doing summersaults as I anticipated the events which were to follow. We fell through the door excitedly and tossed our shoes on the little sofa. I closed the door behind me and double checked to lock. When I turned around Natasha was sitting on the bed, her back to me. I crawled across the bed to sit behind her.

"Hey." I whispered in her ear. However to my surprise there was no response.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly. She turned to looked at me with a weak smile.

"It just dawned on me that Clint is somewhere out there, and he's not here."

"He'd be so proud of you." I spoke quietly and calmly as I cupped her face. My thumb ran over her soft skin which was pale in the moonlight that shone through the window.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put a downer on things. I'm fine now." She put on a large smile and slowly the lustful spark in her eye returned. I took a deep breath and she turned her body so she could look me dead in the eye.

I wanted to jump straight on her but instead I took my time so that I could revel in every second. So I waited, my hands letting go of her face as she maintained eye contact. Minutes seemed to fall past until she finally lent in and our lips met. And in that moment my life fell completely into place. Or at least it felt like that. I had waited all day to feel her hands on me, her lips tracing their familiar path down my skin and finally relieving the burning feeling I had to push down at we danced this evening. 

The kiss flooded me with joy as her hands began to feel through my hair, softly pulling out the hair pins and letting it all cascade down my back. Her delicate touch moved down to the lace of my dress and made light work of loosening it. She stood back to allow me off of the bed and I turned my back to her so that she could completely undo it. Softly she moved my hair aside and undid the lace on the back of my dress. It didn't take long until the dress dropped to the floor, leaving me in just my underwear. I had made sure to wear the underwear set that Nat liked the most. I knew it would drive her wild. 

I felt her hot lips on the back of my neck. I felt weak under her touch. It was like a fire had started in my stomach as she turned me around. She was still wearing her low cut dress, I knew she was taking her time, teasing me with a smirk on her face. But eventually her eyes turned away from staring at me and her attention went to getting out of her dress. I stood and watched and she turned her back on me. I carefully undid her zip for her and stepped back to watched the fabric drop to the floor. And there she stood.