Pt 3 Chapter 13 - Dance away the blues

Y/n's POV

As I had expected things went pretty slowly over the following days. Nothing really happened, there was still lots of disruption and help was needed as everyone tried to restore a somewhat normal version of the planet. We had lost our chance for families to be reunited, so now all we could do was move on wards and upwards. Nat and I had been asked to make a sort of documentary for schools. Normally it would be Cap's job but he was helping Rhodes with restoring the agents. Nat had offered to help Rhodey instead but I wanted help with the video and she was more well known than I was so it would catch kids attention more. We had decided to position the camera in our bedroom, filming just a casual video. Tony watched from the chair in the corner. He was pretty much back on his feet and surprisingly had stuck around the compound.

Nat started the camera and took a reluctant seat next to me. "Hello." I smiled softly at the camera, but then burst out laughing.

"What?" Nat asked, confused as to my sudden outburst.

"I can't do this... A bunch of kids aren't going to listen to this, especially if they are still shaken from losing people close to them. I mean come on." I laughed.

"L/n. Concentrate. You have one job!" Stark scolded.

"Okay okay. Hi, I'm Y/n and some of you might know me from the Avengers."

"And I'm Natasha. We were asked to make a little video explaining everything that has been happening in the world in order to clear up any rumours and correct misinformation."

"These are challenging times, and they probably will be for quite some time. And everyone around you understands that." I spoke as softly as I could, not wanting to sound too enthusiastic.

"Thanos, a Titan, believe it or not from space. Used six magical stones, yes magic. To basically wish away half of all living creatures in the universe. This is what has been named the blip." Nat said.

"Some of us got lucky, but many of us didn't and we have lost people close to us. However, it is just something that we have to try and deal with. Like any other type of grief, it will take time. But unfortunately we have no way of reversing Thanos's actions."

"We ask that if anyone you know has gone missing and has not yet been reported you must let an adult know. The government are trying to take a list of who exactly has disappeared so we can help everyone get back on their feet with the support that they need."

"Things are hard but we need you to be mature, and helpful. So please, help one another and we will get through these awful times."

We paused for a moment before Tony turned off the camera. "Good job agents." He smiled, taking the camera and leaving the room. I sighed.

"Didn't even get to see if my hair looked alright in the camera." I joked. Nat however was not really listening. "Hey?" She looked around at me with sad eyes.

"Clint isn't picking up." She shook her head. "I rang him yesterday and I've left multiple voice messages and texts. He's off the grid, I can't even find his location." My girlfriend got up from the bed and began to pace.

"I'm sure he's just struggling." I reassured her, quite unhelpfully.

"Yeah I know. But he's not the type of person to just take a spa weekend away. He'll blame himself for this. Then he'll beat himself up over it. And then... Then he'll do something stupid." She rubbed her face, a tell tell sign she was stressed. I instinctively got up and gave her a hug. I wasn't coping well with losing Sam and Wanda but I was coping well enough. But Nat to my surprise was struggling a lot. She had cried more in the last few weeks than I had seen her cry in like two years. She was never one to show emotions but I would often notice her crying to herself and I would pull her into a warm hug. "Come one Darling. I know it's hard." I whispered as I rubbed her back slowly. She nodded lightly and then pulled away. I gave her a small kiss on the lips which caused her to smile slightly. "There's that gorgeous smile that makes me giddy." I smiled, scrunching my nose. "You did a good job with the video."