Pt 2 Chapter 8 - Taking risks

18 Months later...

Y/n's POV

My back hit the wall as Nat pushed me against it. She placed passionate kisses on my lips and made her way down my neck, unbuttoning my shirt. Her touch was perfect and I sighed heavily as she kissed me. She picked me up and placed me on the bed. "I'm so glad I have you." I smiled, watching her pull off her own top.

"Shut up." She laughed, diving into another kiss. {feel free to imagine what happened next, I can write details in future if that's what people want ;) }

Once we had finished we went to get a shower and then made our way to the living room. "God, can you remember when this was bustling with people. Tony's parties were the best." Nat sighed. The room was a little cold but nice. "I wish I could have been in the team sooner. I would have loved to go to one."

"Well maybe in years to come things will reset themselves and we can." Nat flicked the kettle on and I set up a film. "It's so crazy, we haven't heard from half the team in like a year." I mumbled, fluffing up the sofa cushions and getting out a blanket. "I miss them." Nat replied, getting the popcorn out of the cupboard. I knew she did, they were her family for the past five or six years. "We could try and find Steve. If you wanted." I said on a whim.

"What?" Nat paused what she was doing and stared at me.

"Sam and Steve. Why don't we try and find them? It can be a little adventure."

"Y/n. You know that's just a shortcut to upsetting the government and throwing our asses behind bars." Nat looked at me with sorrow in her eyes. I knew deep down she desperately wanted to do it, but her rational conscience was telling her all the problems in that plan. "Things have been too quiet. You know that Nat. Surely you can't believe this is just it."

"No I don't I just, we are happy. I don't want to throw it away before we get the proper chance to experience it." I nodded at her, understanding why she thought that. I knew it would be dangerous and stupid. But I had a gut feeling the team would come together soon enough. That and I was bored. The past year I had been training my powers. Now being able to lift much heavier, read thoughts much clearer and even fly. "Think about it." I told her as she cuddled up to me ready to watch the movie.

That night I couldn't sleep. My mind was firing at a millions miles an hour. Now I had thought of finding the boys on a whim, it was all I could think about. SHIELD had their suspicions as to where they were, meaning we had a place to start. I thought Nat had nodded off as I tossed and turned but I was wrong. I sat up, moving to perch on the edge of the bed, resting my head in my hands. How could I be so stupid? I got up and silently paced. Stewing on my thoughts, feeling bad for putting the idea of hope in Nat's head, hope that was pointless. "You are going to wear the floor out if you don't stop." Nat mumbled to me.

"You're awake?" I frowned.

"Have been the whole time." She sat up, her eyes red from silently crying.

"Hey, no no. Don't cry. I'm sorry. I didn't think it through." I felt bad for not realising and comforting her.

"No Darling, it's ok. You were thinking with your heart, that's what I love about you." She got out of bed and came to hug me. Her head buried on my shoulder and I felt her tears soaking through my t-shirt. "I know you miss them. I really do. They're your family." She nodded and I rested my hand on her back, stroking lightly with my thumb.

"What if we do it?" She said suddenly. Looking up at me in the darkness. "Tell Fury and Tony we're going on another trip. Even if they can't come back we can just know that they are safe."

"What happened to getting our asses thrown in prison? Didn't you just-"

"Screw prison." She smirked.

"Are you sure?" I laughed at her sudden determination.

"That's what leaps of faith are for aren't they?" She got back into bed. I tilted my head in confusion at what just happened. "I guess they are." I followed her back into the bed, snuggling close to her. "Do you think they do shared beds in high security prisons?" I laughed.

"Probably not but I'm a trained spy, we won't get caught."

*

The following days were made up of secret planning. Nat was smart, way smarter than me, so could work through the extensive SHIELD files. We sat at the computers in our room, looking through the recent security footage that the agents had filed as Steve. There were glimpses of a tall, solidly built man in sunglasses and a cap, and a darker skinned man in a similar outfit always by his side. "What is it with the Avengers? The I'm a civilian disguise just consists of a form of glasses, hat and or hoodie."

"Well two fugitives on the run from the highest US authorities can't just have their face on show."

"How come SHIELD has all this info on them yet they haven't turned them over."

"Nick wouldn't do that, he doesn't want to see any of his men being punished for something they believed to be right." Nat typed quickly on the computer, I was unsure what she was doing. Eventually she found what she was looking for. "Germany."

"Cap and Sam are in Germany?" I practically choked on the water I had just sipped.

"According to this, they were last seen in Hanover, heading from Berlin. Looks like..." She pressed a few more keys and scrolled down. "They've been heading in England's direction."

"Maybe they want a little guys trip to London?" I joked.

"Hmm. Last spotted two days ago near a hotel. I guess we know where we are going." Nat smiled, looking at the pin point location on the detailed map. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked me, looking up at me with serious eyes. I looked from her face to the computer and back to the green staring at me. I nodded.

That was all the confirmation she needed as she immediately began packing her bag. "Ring Tony and I'll email Fury." She poked her head out from the walk in wardrobe.

"Right." I mumbled, taking out my phone and speed dialing Stark.

"Hey Ton. You didn't answer so I guess I'll talk to the answer phone. We've decided to go on a last minute trip to Germany. We just need a change of scenery. Honestly I'm not sure when we'll be back, we might travel around for a bit. We'll keep you updated. Speak soon." I hung up the phone and got to work packing. We mostly packed darker clothes, and comfy clothes. Nat expected Sam and Steve to still be helping people, it was part of their nature, meaning we might need to be ready to fight. We didn't pack much, it would be easier to move with lighter baggage. "I'll get one of the Agents to drop us." Nat told me as she threw some more clothes in a bag. I didn't get to reply as she went off to the suit room to grab weapons. I slumped on the bed, staring up at the grey ceiling. Yesterday life was simple and now we were sneaking off to find two men running from the law. Another adventure with my girlfriend on our way to reunite our weird family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is a little short! I know people may not like where the story is heading as eventually it will go into infinity war / endgame. BUT I'm trying to keep it light hearted and happy as I do so. I just thought it would be more fun to incorporate all the Avengers. But I also wanted to stick to the plot as I have stuff planned for the blip!

Feel free to leave any feedback/ suggestions! <3