Tacenda

"I see you came home and chose violence."

"Did you make this?" Yagi pointed at the saucer. "Never considered the culinary arts?" And with enough audacity for the next week, he took another bite, eye contact strong as he chewed. Your jaw clenched, and you could've sworn you felt a vein on the verge of bursting in your temple. Fingertips tapping, almost stabbing, the island's surface while your glare bounced between the hero and what was your dinner. "And you brought me wine?" The glass was so gingerly removed from your hand. "You're too good to me. Have I ever told you that?"

"Alright." You laughed in disbelief. "Alfuckingright." Taking a seat at the island, adjacent to him, you clasped your palms together rather hard. "How was your trip, All Might?"

"It was terrible." He shrugged after taking a sip. "A bunch of non stop bullshit I was dragged into. I hardly ate." He set a hand over his stomach, and before that next scoop left the saucer, you snatched off the scallop and popped it into your mouth. "How terrible." You pouted for dramatics.

"And you?" He returned.

"And I?" You lifted a brow, and set your fingertips against your collar bone.

"Yes, you." Yagi confirmed. "You said you wanted to talk when I got home."

"Ah! So that's why you came in hostile." You nodded in understanding. "I wouldn't call it hostile." Another bite of your food stolen. "Hm." You pursed your lips. "You wouldn't...okay then. Well, I had a busy week. I'm sure you're already aware though."

"I am."

"You should be, considering you just," You sighed hard, gesturing a free hand until you found the words. "Just lied to get me that cafe and for what I don't know."

"I didn't lie, I was on the way."

"Yeah, but you didn't make it." You scrunched your nose. "Do I mind if someone joins 'us'. Do I want to grab lunch with 'you'." You chuckled, shaking a finger at him. "You got me."

"You wanted to talk because I didn't feed you?" He snorted. "That's funny."

And with that, for a moment, you stared at him, your eyes squinting slightly. You're being a real dick right now. "Sure. I want to talk now about how you disappeared and didn't say shit like I legally live in this house." You deadpanned. "Something happens to you I'm suspect number one."

"I wasn't in a place where I could use my phone."

"Those read receipts say otherwise but go off." You stole another scallop back, continuing to stare him down as you chewed. Something in his eyes was making it a bit harder than normal. Always on the offense, huh? "Then you sneak in and eat my dinner."

"Hm." He huffed. "Look at us, hungry and disgruntled."

"Very much so." You grabbed your phone, thumbing through a few options on a food delivery app. "You have fun with that though."

"What are you doing?" Yagi leaned over to spy on your screen

"I'm getting dinner." You said matter of factly. "I want to see this drone delivery is worth all the buzz." You continued for sake of the pun, going quiet as you read over a menu. Selecting a few items that turned into a few too many. Your eyes were eating more than your stomach. Maybe not that much...

"What are you getting?" Yagi spoke up, watching you remove things from your cart.

"Food." You answered, as a thumb and forefinger grabbed at the edges of your device. Your grip tightened. "What are you doing?" Your gaze hardened at his hand as he pulled at your phone.