betabitch

--hey hey hey yall! i've been m.i.a. for the longest but i'm really happy to be back. if you hadn't seen my post from a few months ago, i was in a car accident and had to work my ass off to make the deductible money. after that, it's just been one thing after the other. i injured myself at work, caught covid, and lost three relatives within the span of two weeks. it's been kinda rough, but i'm glad yall came back. so much love to yall in this new year.  i also made an instagram. no idea what to post there but its senpai_afterdark if you wanna follow👌.  let's get back into it 😎💖💖--

Go home, he said. You lied in bed, bundled in your covers with your phone in your hand, scrolling and scrolling until your thumb cramped and then scrolling some more. I can tell there's something wrong, he said. Go get some rest, he said. Okay, Tosh. You sighed, stuffing your phone under the pillow and pulling the covers over your head.

There was a soft tapping at your door, you hummed in response. "Can I come in?" followed the slow opening of your door. "Yeah." You answered, still hidden in the lump of blanket. The presence of a body taking a seat by your bent knees pressed into the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm here." You tried to laugh. "Yes, I'm glad you are, but how are you?"

"I'm just here." You sighed, sinking deeper into the bed. The covers gently pulled away to reveal your face. "Hey, Yoshi." You breathed out. Already out of his costume... must've been here for a while. "Hey, Peach." A hand of his went to rest on your forehead. "I'm not sick." You set your hand on his wrist, pushing it away lightly. "Just checking," He poked your cheek before pulling back, "I know you wouldn't tell me."

"I would...now I would at least." You looked away.

He hummed. "You want to talk about it?" Yagi leaned in, you nodded and fished your phone out from beneath your pillows. "It's seven already?" You glanced at the time as you unlocked the screen. "It is. I was worried you'd never come out of here."

"How long have you been home?"

"A few hours."

"Damn..." You sighed again, finding what you had been scrolling through earlier and handing the device over to him. You watched his eyes as they scanned over one of the articles you read. How there was a similar string of murders in Greece painfully similar to the ones happening in Japan. Might nodded, handing your phone back, a soft "I know" leaving his lips. "You knew?" You pushed up onto your elbow. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you stressing over it." He shook his head.

"I can't help but to, no matter how I found out."

"I know...." He sighed, running hands through his hair. "I know."

"Well?" You raised your brows. "Are they linked? Is it a copycat? What's the deal?"

"Still working on it, Peach." He pinched between his brows. "But right now it looks like a connection."

"Shit."

"Yup."

"...I kind of don't know what to say."

He shrugged. "There's not much to say other than 'we'll find them', 'be aware of your surroundings', 'keep trusting the people you call heroes, we'll get them eventually'." Fingers moved from pinching his brow to rubbing his temples in blatant frustration.

"Well, how was the rest of your day? Did anything happen after I left?" You changed the subject.

"Uh...Not much, I'm being sued."