Chapter IV: Fin

You could feel the storm that night in your chest. It rumbled violently, worsening as the evening went on. That didn't interrupt your sleep, however. You snuggled in bed, letting the crashing of wind and strikes of lightning lull you to sleep. Not as peaceful of a slumber as you were hoping though. 

What was it you were seeing behind your eyes? A blur? It was dark and looming. Painful? No, in pain? Fear? You tried calling out in that consuming darkness, but nothing came out. With no voice to give, you looked around, your movement becoming more frantic and it started to feel like you were being watched. Hunted? Your feet pulled you elsewhere. Arms outstretched and fingers spread wide while you looked in vain for something. Anything. That looming followed you, breathing down your neck and sticking to your skin like southern heat. You moved faster, the sound of-

Sound. You're turned towards it, unable to make out the words being said, the sounds being made. Screaming? No... Crying? No. Who could that...? It almost sounded like you...wailing? It could have been you. Who is...? You couldn't make it out but-

Yes you could.

"Toshi-" Your eyes peeled open and you shot upright in bed, a soft "Hey..." Coming from beside you. Turning, you saw the hero half way on the bed, his hand resting on your arm. "What's wrong?" Your brows furrowed, pulling the sheets off you to move closer. "Toshi, what's wrong?"

"I...just came to check on you."

Strained eyes fought to discern the features of his face. Your hand reached out to sit on his shoulder, flinching a bit as you did. Cold and moist. Bro, ew. "Were you outside?" You asked. "No, I was in my room. I was-" He took a moment, sighing and taking a full seat.

"I...I know." You pulled him in, moving to wrap your arms around his neck. "What?"

"That nightmare must've shaken you pretty bad, huh?" You said softly. He began moving, you couldn't entirely tell what he was doing, but by the time he'd finished, he held you back. Trying to pull you into his being by the waist with his face hiding in the crane of your neck. Thunder still rolling viciously outside your window panes, you heard him clear as day when he breathed out "How did you know?"

"I saw it...I saw something." You ran a hand through his hair. "Heard-" You were cut off by another drawn out sigh, not knowing he was able to bring you closer to him, he did. "I didn't mean to wake you. I just needed to make sure it wasn't real."

"You didn't wake me, promise." You pushed your head into his. "You wanna talk about it?" It started with a light shake, his head rocking against the temple of yours, followed by a no.

Did you remember the last time you were like this? You'd grown closer since then. Had it even been that long? You'd gone from awkward positions, you at his side working your way into a hug to this. You, pressed firmly and completely against his torso, and his knees pulled in just enough to sit at either side of you. 

His heart beat racing the wind that whipped the trees outside, you felt against your own again. Do you think they were talking to each other? Maybe that's why with every shaky exhale he seemed closer. Trying his best to make sure yours heard everything his had to say without him having to speak out loud. That's what it was. You convinced yourself of that since you hadn't had the chance to look him in the eyes yet.

You spoke only after his emotions mellowed. Even then, his grip on you hadn't slackened. "My Toshi?" It was so quiet, his hum in response. "Do you want hot chocolate?" He repeated you, his voice muffled. "Hot chocolate." You nodded. "You're my favorite person, so I have to share my favorite hot chocolate with you."