Reunion

You decided to take advantage of that gift certificate Cherry let you have. She said she didn't care for it, but the cafe seemed to be right up her alley. It was decorated heavily with succulents and open bay windows. Maybe it was the pastels. You couldn't recall seeing her interact with any pale colors. Whatever the reason may be, you walked in and ordered.

Luckily for you, not only was the menu reasonably priced there was also twenty dollars left to use on that card. Nice.

You took a seat outside underneath an oversized umbrella. Everything screams Pinterest. You took note of their taste in furniture. The grey wicker, white cushioned chairs to contrast the pale rainbow of circular tables.

It wasn't long before your food was brought to you along with a glass of water. Damn. You eyed the plates as they were set down and thanked your waiter. When you ordered two croissant sandwiches, because you were that hungry, you expected normal sized food. But these, you were taken aback, these were bigger than your hand with your fingers spread as far as they could go, and they came with chips. Why didn't they say something? You eyed the dishes. One for later I guess. A soon later, because it wasn't like you had a fridge. I'll remember this for next time.

You scrolled through the news on your phone as you ate. Another victim and it wasn't a hero this time. Fuck. You sighed again, heavier and worrisome. I need to find a place quick. A notification dropped from the top of your screen and covered half the article.

Good morning

It's been a while since we've spoken. How've you been?

Does it count as a 'goodmorning text' if it's almost noon?

Goodmorning! I can't complain.

I can.

How are you, Might?

I've been pretty well. What's on your books for today?

Two villains on my radar atm.

At about 3 I'll be staging a coup d'etat

You're busier than I thought

Idle hands make for a bad time. What are you up to?

I'm out patrolling

Oh! Maybe I'll see you

Maybe you will.

There was a light that hit the corner of your eye. Ah shit. You blinked rapidly, figuring it was a passing car that reflected some sunlight. It happened again, you used your hand to block it. The little sun spot shot from one side of the table and back, resting on the hand that held your phone. That's intentional. Your eyes shot across the street. Nothing. Then up scanning the rooftops until-

There he is. Might stood atop the building just out of your peripheral, using his phone screen to grab your attention. You waved excitedly.

Hey big guy😊 Want a croissant?

Please say yes. This is so much damn food. You held up your plate to show off the massive croissant sandwich you hadn't touched. He read over your text and leapt down to join you, landing a few feet away. The ground rumbled just a bit with his entrance. Ooooh we're in the silver age today.