Omurice

Your eyes on the ceiling as your internal alarm blared. The sun still low and only faint grays were in the place of the colors you'd come accustomed to. "Wait." You sprung up, sheets gripped between your fingers. You fell asleep at the kotatsu just a few hours before, you were sure of it. Taking in your surroundings, as if they were new to you, you figured Yagi had just taken you to bed. "How nice." You got up, stretching and getting ready for your upcoming day.

You fished through your belongings for some work out clothes and put them on after your morning shower. That old, faithful hoodie of yours slid on top while your earbuds already blasted your gym playlist. You head bobbed while you got your bag ready. Mouthing the words as it was tossed over your shoulder and you headed out the room. "Boy this pussy talk euros, dollars, and yen." Was it the most appropriate song? No. Did it get you hype though? Hell yes. "Birkin, gucci, chanel."

You checked the time, exiting the hall. "Pussy talented it do cartwheel-"

"Cap."

"SHIT!" You nearly jumped out of your skin, tapping violently against the touchpad on your earbud to pause your music. Yagi sat at the kitchen's island, eyes glued to a tablet in one hand. In the other, he held a cup of what smelled like fresh coffee. "Who taught you cap?" Your face contorted.

"I'm just keeping up with the youth." Cut the cameras. Deadass. "No, but really." You scratched the back of your head while your heart tried to come back to its usual pace. "I'm not that out of touch." He glanced at you for a moment.

"Of course not...I just didn't expect you to ever say that." He hummed in response, scrolling through whatever it was he was reading over. You glazed over him. Dressed, minus his suit coat. It's around here somewhere. "Hey." You called to him quietly, setting your bag down and entering the kitchen. You took a seat in one of the bar stools across from him. "Yes?"

"Thanks for getting me to bed." You said honestly. "No proble-"

"I haven't been carried to bed since college."

"What?" Yagi's eyes shot to yours.

"I haven't been carried to bed since college?" You repeated, unperturbed.

"What...How?" He leaned forward.

"I was drunk off my ass." You shrugged nonchalantly. "Won that bet though..." You mumbled, checking your phone again for the time, having forgotten with the lovely shock prior. "What were you doing?" Yagi set the tablet down. "Drinking?" You answered, shrugging a little harder this time. "Don't act so shocked....didn't you go to one of the biggest party schools in-"

"This isn't about me." He cut off your words but not your giggling. "I could out drink you." You claimed so boldly. "Unlikely." Toshi squinted a bit. "I could." Your palms pressed firmly against the granite of the island top. "Wanna bet?"

"How'd that last bet work out for you?" He asked, bringing his hands together on the island surface. "I-" Your eyes went wide, looking away. I forgot about that! Shit!  "Well!" You hopped up and hurried out the door. "Where are you-" You shut it behind you before Yagi could finish. Punching in the code you reentered the home. "I kinda won." You said smugly. Yagi snorted. "That's cute, but no."

"I say it's a draw." You said taking your seat.

"We'll see if you still feel that way."

"What's that supposed to mean?" You asked. "Nothing." Yagi shook it off, going back to his tablet. "Yeah, that's not foreboding at all." You replied in a huff. "Where are you headed this morning?" He moved to change the subject. "No, that's my thing. Why aren't you at work?" You pressed. "Last minute change in plans." Yagi answered simply.