Special I: Forget Me Not

--i remember when i first mentioned writing a special, i was just a few views away from one thousand. now we're at 11k. i can not thank y'all enough for all the love and support you give. i've deadass cried reading these comments because they bring me so much joy. i've busted a fuckin gut reading these comments. i've sat at work, watching my notifications pop off from y'all voting and it just puts me over the moon. i wanna hug all of you so bad, oh my goodness. i'm so happy that y'all enjoy reading time in a tree as much as i love writing it, if not more than lmao. did i cry while writing this? not tellin. thank y'all so much. i love y'all so much. welcome to part one. 💖💖--

How dark could it be? In the early morning when not even the sun had opened its eye on your tiny home. You woke, flinging the covers from your form and peeling back the drapes of your canopy. You moved quickly, pulling your clothes from your wardrobe and dressing yourself. Something loose and breathable. You tied your pants at the waist and lightly tucked in your shirt. 

"Where'd I put my- ah! There you are." You snatched up your trusty pair of boots, hopping around as you slid them on. The birds hadn't made a peep yet but the crickets were saying their good mornings. I'm running late

Quickly, you pulled your hair back and escaped your chambers. Down the cobblestone corridors you jogged. Leaping at every lantern posted to the wall. A gentle tap to bring light into the halls of your aging palace. Every twist and turn you knew like the back of your hands as you moved forward.

The smell of breakfast filled your lungs as you made it to the kitchen. "Good morning, princess." Filled the air from the kitchen staff as they hurried around to prepare the early meal for your family. "Good morning!" You said walking in, head moving erratically to find your wicker basket.. "You all know you don't have to call me that."

"Ah, but we still want to." The baker handed you what you were searching for, you sighed, smiling. "Thank you." It was filled halfway with fresh buns. "Over here, princess." The head cook waved you over. With your basked tucked in your elbow, you moved to him, a pile of fruits to his left, and one in hand as he cut it but not all the way through. 

"I started to cut them, that way it'd be easier for the little ones." He tossed the apple he had in your basket as you put the rest in. "I've got your eggs over here, princess." Your poulterer called to you. "Thank you!" Your thanks continued to pour from your mouth as your basket was filled. Then, out the kitchen window you went. Yes, out the window, your hands gripped tightly to the uneven stones of the eroding castle. "Be careful, princess!" One of the undercooks said from above you, watching as you made it to the ground. Dry earth puffing up from beneath your feet as you landed. "I'm alright." You waved up to them. Then turning on your heel, you took off towards town.

The sound of the gentle thuds of your feet as you ran were only accompanied by the crickets that still chirped happily as you ran. Few bodies were up and moving as you made it in. You strained your eyes, looking for the little signs asking for help.

There.

There was the first one, you scurried over to the empty bowl left on a windowsill of someone's home and filled it with the various things in your basket. Then, to your closed fist, you blew so gently, building enough magic to send. With a flick of your wrist the nearest candle in the home lit. Rustling soon followed, you turned to find the next house. "Thank you, princess." You heard behind you, you simply waved over your shoulder, having the next home in sight.

You continued this until your basket was empty and ran back to your home. Scaling the wall and clambering in through the window. "Right here, princess." The poulterer had a bounty of goods ready and waiting. "Thank you!" You mouthed and filled your basket again. Back out the window you went to pick up where you left off.