Trading Cards

"Hey, best boss in the world!" You peeked into the kitchen. Han rolled his eyes hard as he tossed a mountain of rice in a wok. "Are you trying to butter me up for something?" You gasped dramatically, clutching your invisible pearls. "Han! I would never!"

"What do you want?" He sighed. Um, okay wow. "Well I've already finished everything I needed to do for this shift and we don't have any customers...and the day's so nice."

"You want to leave early." He cut you off, not looking away from his cooking. "When you put it that way it sounds terrible."

"But you do." Han pressed. "I do, yes." You agreed. He said nothing, just frying away. Meanwhile you took a step back, accepting defeat. "Deliver this and you can go."

"Yes!" You gave a celebratory jump, fists in the air. "Thank you!" You gave Han a quick hug and ran off to grab your things. By the time you returned the food was packed and ready to go, the address stapled to the bag. Fuck. You read it over, shaking your head. Too late to back out now. The towers? Whatever.

Off you went and arrived at the unfortunate destination. I wonder if Might's here today... You thought scanning the key card, that you definitely shouldn't still have, and entered the massive building. Quietly and as discreetly as possible, you walked to the concierges' desk. 'Desk' was a light term, the damn thing came up to your chest and was made of what seemed to be marble, or maybe a really pretty granite. I stick out like a sore thumb. You looked around at the few that moved around the pristine lobby, head to toe business savvy. "Can I help you?" A younger woman asked from behind the desk. "Oh, yes ma'am. I'm delivering for a-"

"Well look who it is!" A voice boomed in the relatively quiet atmosphere. Shit. You turned slowly to see your old supervisor, Shio. "Hey...." you gave a fake smile and turned back to your original conversation. "Oh? No need to ignore me! That's my order." Shit squared. "Whaaat?" You tried to act surprised while holding out the food for him to take. "Well, here ya go!"

"Dammit, Shio." You too? You rolled your eyes at the approaching female. Tokei Yuki, she works in the cubicle that was next to yours. Thanks, I hate it. "Pay up." Shio held out an open palm. "I told you she still worked in that shit hole." He laughed. 

"I don't have to take shit from someone built like a fridge anymore, I hope you understand that." You shot. "Someone's feisty!" Tokei pestered, setting a few yen in Shio's hand. "And someone is still spraying on their edges." You pointed above her eyebrow. "You went a little too low this morning, sweetheart!"

"Bit-" She took a step forward. Oh please do something.

"Ma'am, thank you for your hard work." The desk attendant stood and bowed low, your heads turning to her. "I'm sure you have more to do. Please take your leave." A defuser, okay. "Of course!" You grinned and set the food down on the desk top. "You two have a wonderful day." You bowed lightly and turned on your heel. "I'll need that badge, before you go!" Shio came a little too close for comfort. "Take it." You shrugged and pulled it from your back pocket, handing it over. Not to be stuck up, but I could get another one from over your head if I asked nicely. "Ah, thank you. Can't have anyone entering uninvited." You snorted, "Okay." And went about your way.

Heading to your target destination, the one you asked to leave early for, you checked your phone seeing you had a text from Cherry.

Hey! 

Are you still coming? I've got someone I want you to meet!

Of course I am

Just ran into a small hangup. Be there soon.

Koji decided, with the boost in revenue the past month, it'd be nice to treat his team to a day out. It was down to a vote, the beach or the new arcade and family fun center; and since you weren't dawning a bathing suit and cover up, your steps led you to the arcade. I don't think I've even been to the beach since I moved here...that sucks. Maybe I'll have some spare time one of these days.