Tell Me

You sat down with a mountain of fries at a table near the others. You didn't really have a taste for any of the other menu items. Nutritional? Nope. Delicious? Yup. Your phone buzzed on your side, pulling it out you saw your mother sent you a duck emoji. "What?"

THUNK.

"OW!" Something hard hit your temple and bounced onto the table. "You need to eat better!" Tauros scolded from a few seats away. "Okay, okay! Damn!" You looked to the fruit that now rolled in a small circle on the table. "I don't even fuckin' like pears." You muttered and snatched it up. You could feel the bartender's eyes on you until you ate the thing to its core.

Cherry and Suzuki soon took seats across from you. "Not gonna lie, this is the best third wheel experience of my life." You spoke up, Cherry pointed at you, cup in her hand held loosely by the rim. "We could bring friends along, you know. Next time, I'll third whe-" Nah. You shook your head.

"Suzuki, tell me about yourself. What do you do for a living?" He rolled in with a chuckle. "Ah, I'm actually a hero." He rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. "No shit?" You sat forward. "Yeah, I'm not ranked too well-"

"You're still a hero though! What's your name?"

"Zest." He answered, your nodded and pinched your chin. "You'll have to forgive me, but I don't believe I've heard of you."

"No offense taken." He smiled. "I work primarily in a different prefecture."

"And!" Cherry bounced. "He's ranked in the mid seventies."

"Mid seventies?! Dude, that's awesome." You complimented. "Thanks."

"So your quirk... is it citrus based?" You asked. "No..." Suzuki looked away. "What is it then?" Your excitement was showing. "I can uh..." he picked at his plate. "I can manipulate the color orange."

You didn't mean to snort. That was not nice. You also didn't mean to make it so apparent that you were controlling your breathing to keep you from laughing. "......Oh." You nodded. Traffic cones hate him. "So...is it like on the molecular level or?" He's not allowed in produce. Ever.

"No." Suzuki shook his head, Cherry was giving you the 'eat shit and die' glare. "No, I have to actually see it."

"Ah well." You patted the table anxiously, thinking of something, anything, to say. Oh! "Hey! Your hair's got some length to it, why don't you ask Cherry to dye it orange? Then you'll never be without it." I bet he carries around sharpened carrots. "That's what I said!" Cherry shot. "Well that's two against one Suzuki. You're getting your hair dyed."

The two on them fell into a conversation among themselves. No problem, you fell into your plate of potatoes. Your phone went off again, this time a call as it lied face down on the table. Must be mom. Calling to see if I can follow emoji instructions. No, mom. No I can not. It vibrated softly on the surface until you picked it up. Um? Your brows furrowed and you stood slowly from the table. Uh? "Hey, I've gotta take this." You didn't wait for a response, turning on your heel and speeding out a nearby exit.

Once outside you answered. "H-Hello?"

"Hello." Might's voice was smooth. Too smooth. "Did...did you mean to call me?" The pair of you normally would text, so this was out of the ordinary. Surely this was a mista-

"Yes, I did." Oh....okay then. "Oh! Uh, cool! How're you?"

"I'm doing fine, how about yourself? I didn't catch you at work did I?"

"I'm alright! And no, I had a short day today."

"I don't recall making today a half day."

Wot? "I....don't recall you still being my employer?" Your tone showed how unsure you were of where this was going.