Sanguine

"Pack your things and move them into my apartment." Cherry said sternly. "I-"

"No! You should've said something sooner, dummy!" She flicked you dead center of your forehead. "Ow!" Your hands shot up to soothe that spot, only for her to flick your knuckle. "I made this bed, I have to lay in it,'' you said." She huffed. "What bed? Hm?"

"I-"

"No! Go get your stuff!" She pointed to the door. You nodded, pushing off the couch.

You stood over your open trunk, folding and rolling what you could, then condensing them tightly into bubbles. It only took about six to gather everything, but with each one made, you felt worse. Becoming lightheaded and borderline nauseous. 

I mean, if the day could get any worse that would be great. The rumbling of a heavy engine approaching came from your front. Peaking around the trunk, you saw it was the tow truck. A deep sigh escaped your lungs as you trekked back inside, your bubbles bobbing along behind you. "Hey, they're here already." You set your belongings down near the door. "I've gotta go handle this, then I'll head right back."

"I'll see you then." Cherry nodded, shoving a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

That took too long. You made it back with no problems at least, sliding into the warmth of the house. Cherry had already gotten dressed and ready to leave. "Hey! I got us a cab." She waved her phone at you from the kitchen, half a sandwich demolished at her hand. "That works." You nodded.

"All Might's calling you." Cherry held out your phone, you brushed a hand over your back pocket. I didn't realize I left it here. "Thanks." You took it and answered, sitting on the edge of a nearby loveseat. "Hey, you."

"Good afternoon, how're you?" Might damn near serenaded. "I've been better." You sniffed. "Still not feeling well?" He asked, voice laced with concern.

"Nope." You wiped another tear. "I feel like shit, honestly."

"You need to take a day off, just to rest."

"Can't do that," Hunched over, your forehead sat in your free hand. "Gotta make this bread." I've got a fever. Might let out the most tiresome sigh. 

"Anyway, how's my Might?"

"I'm alright, just getting ready for my flight."

"Coming home already?" You had to admit that brightened your very much darkened mood. "I am, I'll be back later this evening." Might confirmed.

"Will I get to see you?"

"I don't believe so, I won't be landing until after you've closed."

"Oh..." There was a dip in your tone. "I may be wrong, but it sounds like you miss me." Might chuckled.

"I do." You confessed. "I do miss you, big guy."

"....I'll have to tell the pilot to fly a little faster then."

"I'd appreciate it." You managed a smile. "I-" Might began. "I got you something. Call it a late Christmas gift?"

"Oh, you didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to, I think you'll like it." You could here him shaking whatever it was in the background. "Well, what is it?" You propped up on the arm of the seat, head still resting in your palm. "A surprise."

"That's no fun."

"Oh, but it is. A bit of payback, no?"

"I...I guess so." You chuckled. Cherry waved at you pointing to the time. "Hey, I've gotta jet. Talk later?" You asked, unsure. "You know we will. Hopefully you'll be feeling better by then."

"Hopefully...bye for now."

Might gave his soft farewell before you hung up. Another flick landing on your temple. "What was that fo-!" You covered your head. "You didn't even tell him!"

"I sure didn't." You stood, brows furrowed as you rubbed your temple. "Is the lift here?" You asked as she grabbed hold of her purse. "Yes." She pointed to your things. "Take those, drop them off at my place."

You motioned at the bubbles with a quick flick, calling them to you. They lifted, floating over and behind you as you left for the cab.

"You can let people help you, y'know." Cherry said after half the ride in silence. "Yeah..." you stared down at your hands. "Seriously. You're allowed to hurt and show it." She grabbed hold of your hands with one of hers. Your attention turning to her. Those iconic red locks framing her face, as she leaned in close. "We're gonna get you passed this." She squeezed. "We. Come love with us."

"Cherry, no, I couldn't-"

"I'm not asking. You work hard and can pull your own, don't think you're a burden." She gave you the most determined of smiles. "Okay? Say okay."

"....okay." You nodded, she sighed in relief. "You'll be alright...I'm excited for the free childcare." You snorted. "Oh yeah?" You lifted a brow. "Mhm, you two will have plenty of opportunities to get into 'mischief'." The cab came to a halt as you reached the station, the driver hopping out to help Cherry to her feet.

You stood behind the turnstiles, seeing her off. "I'll see you soon, alright?" She said stepping on the train. "Get settled in."

"See you soon." You nodded. "Don't frown so hard, I can see it through your mask." She poked at her cheeks, pulling corners of her mouth up. "Smile. You'll be just fine."

You did so. "See?" She waved as the door closed, her attention shooting up as an announcement played, requesting that all passengers be seated. "Bye!" She mouthed and made a heart with her hands. You shot one back watching as she went to her seat.

"Okay, that's...." You left your clothes bubbled, unsure of where to put them. "That's it." You checked the time. "I gotta go." You rushed out of the apartment and down the stairs. Wait! You slid on the last step, catching yourself on the railing before you hit the cement. Did I lock the door? You patted yourself down, looking for the keys. "No..." you shot back up, jiggling the doorknob.

Locked.

Noooo. You scratched at your head in frustration. How the hell did I lock myself out? Why did I- fuck it. Fuck it I'll just break in later. Cursing yourself, you shot back down the steps and headed towards work.

"What's got you all in a twist?" Tauros asked. "Dumb shit, whole lotta dumb shit." You shook your head. The thumping bass did nothing for your head. You sat at the bar trying to steady your breathing and waiting on your phone to charge because of course it died. 

"I can tell that much...and you sound awful. Are you sick?" You nodded. "Yeah, I think I am. I made bubbles today and it felt like they were taking the life outta me." You chuckled in stress, head back in your hands. "How about a hot toddy?" Tauros offered. "Those don't really work." You shook your head. "On the house."

"Pour it up."