Spare Time: Snacks

The pads of your thumbs ran across the keyboard of your phone, a snicker escaping your throat. It'd been a calm ride for the most part, your legs lightly crossed at the ankle while you rode passenger.

It was his idea, plan rather, you were just following his lead. Just in case there was someone waiting outside with a camera.

Just in case.

Oh how his tone changed from 'What happens here, stays here' to 'Dot your i's and cross your t's' when you left.

The obnoxiously long and separate routes he insisted you'd take to the towers. Wait just a little while, then you could both go home.

Just in case.

He didn't want you becoming a liability from attending one silly little party. You argued that you could hold your own, but to him it was more than that. You let him have whatever reasoning he conjured.

At least now you were on the last step, the late night ride home together. He pulled his eyes from the road momentarily, asking what made you laugh. "Ah, it's just Faust." You answered honestly. He'd sent you no words, just a middle finger emoji to share his number.

"How do you know him again?"

You sighed, recalling the encounter. "Years ago, I walked out of a coffee shop one morning and it suddenly started to rain. I didn't have an umbrella, but there he was, prepared and holding his over me."

"Sounds like something you watched in a drama." Yagi huffed, you nodded and hummed in agreement. "First thing he said to me is 'Why are you so fucking stupid?'

"Pffft."

"He left the towers about a month after I started working there."

"To start his own agency." Might added. "Mm," You nodded. "They always wanted their own agency and now they have one. Their charities focus more on children with mutation quirks and helping them navigate life against discrimination."

"That's amazing."

"Yeah, that's why he's got beef with you. He might come around, but he never thought you did enough for mutation quirks so he did it himself. Don't hold your breath."

"I-"

"Yeah, while you let that marinate can you turn right here?" You pointed out the window towards a pizza spot. "Why?"

"I ordered food?"

"We just ate."

"Toshi," You brought the pads of your fingers together, feeling the car make its turn. "I want you to look me in the eye and tell me you are full and satisfied with what they fed us." You lifted your eyebrows, chin down and eyes up while you looked at him. "I know I'm not, so there's no way you're-"

"What'd you get?" He set the car in park, it rocked slightly with the halt. "Food." You grinned and hopped out. "That's so informative, thanks." He said as you closed the door. You turned on your heel, blowing a half hearted kiss before walking into the restaurant.