Spare Time: Your New Name

"Toshi..." You looked up from the bowl of crab meat you were prepping. "Hm?" The blonde peered down at you while your eyes were locked on the rice he shaped between his palms. "What's wrong?" He continued. "That's not enough room." You reached up, the pads of your two middle fingers pressed atop his while you pushed in, forcing an indentation in the rice. "You can't skimp, make these deeper or there'll be an ass of leftover meat."

"You want me to go deeper?" He exhaled.

"Yeah." You pushed more.

"How deep?"

"More." You pushed harder, rushing.

"Really?"

"Yeah." You nodded.

"I didn't think you could take that much."

"Didn't thi-?" This bitch. Your eyes shot up as you snatched your hand away, pointing to the hall. "Bed! Go to bed!" Damn the urge to laugh creeping in when you saw him holding back his. Lips sealed and cheeks puffed with air while you tried your best to frown. With a puff you turned back to your bowl, in hopes of hiding the amusement.

"Too far, peach?" Toshi spoke up. "Mm no-" You moved to shake your head. "Peach?" You looked back, seeing he'd leaned down, face a bit closer to yours. "Peach." He nodded. "I can't call you by that other name. Is 'Peach' alright?" Oh, he won't even say it. You nodded slowly. "I like Peach, but it's a little endearing don't you think?"

"It was my second choice, I thought you'd like it better." Toshi admitted, brows raising and lowering as he did. You took up just enough crab meat to place in the rice ball waiting in his hand. "What was the first?" You asked, watching as he closed the rice in on itself.

"...Honeydew." He answered, shaping the oblong thing. Your head reared back, lips upturned. "It's bad, I know." Yagi held out the finished ball. You smiled inwardly at the almost comically large size. We'll have to make more rice. "It's disgustingly sweet." You admitted, taking up a sheet of seaweed, folding it onto the onigiri. "Sickeningly cute."

"So you like it." He smirked, too proud of himself.

"I didn't say that." You chuckled.

"If you had to pick one, which would you prefer?"

"Why do I have to choose?" You gave him a quick glance over your shoulder. "Toshi Yoshi, big guy, Might, my favorite person?"

"I see," Yagi nodded, grabbing another handful of rice. "I'd have more if I had time to think."  You hummed. "Are you asking me to schedule you a vacation? That's what I'm hearing." You said, rice ball now wrapped in saran. 

"Don't I have three consecutive days of nothing coming?"

"Day after tomorrow. Yes, sir, you do." You chimed. "The schedule's nothing but things I can do on my own. If I need you, I'll shoot you an email." You shrugged. "Sleep in and think of more nicknames if that's what you want to do. As long as you get some rest. A little bird told me you don't get enough of that."

"Who?" Might's brows furrowed, leaning further down in an attempt to catch your eye. "Not telling." You turned your head, focusing on the backsplash below the cabinetry. "Nighteye?" He pressed. "Nope. Late night patrols and trips to the office, they told me everything." You huffed.

"Was is Nakamura?"

"Not telling." You mused. "You could've fooled me though, you snore like a bear sometimes." He puffed, shaking his head. "Not surprised. That's been some of the best sleep I've had in a long time, those few nights."

"Ah!" You threw your head back in realization. "So that's the problem with Sir Stuffington."

"I don't think..." Yagi began to shake his head.

"No, no. You should just get a giant stuffed bear." You stated so surely.

"I have one."

"Really?" Your head snapped in his direction. "I do, but mine talks." Yagi nodded, lowering his hand in anticipation for the spoonful of crab. "Um, yikes. Why did you get a talking bear?" You reared your head back, filling the indentation.

"Why'd you move in?"

"Because you sai- Oooh!.....You've got to stop talking about stuffing me, dude." You said through a chuckle.

Splat

"Shit..." The rice he held fell from his hand, making an audible thud on the counter top. Eyes on the mess made and reddening ears. You took your chance to tease.

"ToO fAr, PeAcH?"

On your bed, back in that borderline uncomfortable position as you checked your email. "Fantastic." You opened several from your brother, ones that came in back to back filled with files. You took up the blank thumb drive on your nightstand and plugged it into your laptop copying everything over. Taking up your phone, you shot him a text.

Thanks E

Yeah sure but you owe me

Owe you w h a t ?

Mom said you're working at Might Towers again

You sighed. Here we go.

I think an autographed figure would suffice

And how am I supposed to do that?

Idk...walk up to the guy with the figure and ask for an autograph

I didn't know it was that simple🤔

I'm pretty sure it is. You sound like a punk rn

WOOOOOOW k

Thanks :)

Well, that solves that. You set your phone on the charge, turning back to the computer as the files copied over. Now I just have to leave this somewhere... You'd figure it out in the morning, your lips pursed as you removed the drive after the last file was done. Right now, it was time to rest.

It came to you, like a flash of lightning, when your eyes cracked open a few hours later. You'd woken up on time, but decided to lie there, still for a few minutes.

'What happened?' 'I thought I hit snooze.' You played out in your head, looking at your socials as time ticked by. And then it started to itch, that you made yourself just a little too late. You shot up, flinging the covers from yourself, and making sure to sound just panicked enough as you got ready to leave.

From your room to the kitchen, your things in hand as you 'searched' for your work bag. Setting everything down on the island to make sure it was loaded neatly. You were rushing, but you weren't going to be sloppy about it. Shuffling around just loud enough so the soft

Tink

of your thumb drive sliding off the island and onto the floor wouldn't have been heard by you in your frantic state. That'll do it. You gave it a glance before turning on your heel, heading out for the day.

You punched the air in victory, looking at the text you received while sitting at a red light.

Lose something, Peach?

Yagi sent a photo of the thumb drive his hand dwarfed.

Wooow. I think I drank too much last night.

I told you so

Hush! That's got a few game save files on it. I don't know why I grabbed it this morning. Do you mind tossing that in my room?

Sure thing.

Thank you!

That's out of the way. You tossed your phone in the passenger's seat. Rest of the day should be smooth sailing.