Off the Moon

You enjoyed the convenience of the treasure trove of vending machines that Cherry shared with you. Your attention out the window on the way back to your current 'home'. Two bowls and a bag of soil, no bigger than a few pounds of sugar, rested in your lap. Because why not? Why wouldn't the owner of three magic vending machines also have a machine dispensing soil nearby?

There was something about seeing the street lights leave streaks, lasting impressions as you passed them by. A familiar tune prickled your eardrums, you turned your attention to the screen of the radio. Nice. "Hey, could you turn that up?" You asked softly. "Like this song?" Yagi asked, turning up the volume from the steering wheel. "Mhm." You nodded. "It was one of Cherry's favorites actually."

Jumping off the moon.

Falling into you.

It was this artist in particular. You noticed if Cherry or Koji had anything to do with the main playlist, outside of the chosen karaoke songs for patrons, there were always several songs of this guy's sprinkled in. You loved the artist too, but you let that be something that just two of them shared.

Shooting for the stars.

Why'd you let me get this far?

Shit, one of his songs was even playing the first day that you walked in. You bobbed your head, remembering how she'd unknowingly sing out loud against whatever was playing, swaying with the calming beat playing through her mind as she worked. It's not gonna be the same...

Feels like the stars, they wanted more

Than just to turn into a black hole

"You alright?" Yagi asked. "Hm?" You snapped out of your trance. Damn, we're already back. "Yeah, I'm fine." You took a quick glance at your surroundings before hopping out. You ran through the garage, shedding your shoes and socks at the door. The pads of your feet patting against the floor as you bee-lined for the guest room. Your fingers carefully pinching at a corner of your pack of soil as you entered the bathroom, tearing it open and using your hoodie to catch any of the runaway bits until you set it on the sink's counter.

"What are you-" When Yagi had finally caught up, a knuckle paused after one knock on your door frame, he saw you smoothing the top layer of soil on your mystery seeds. Both already planted in their respective bowls, they rested on the short coffee table that sat in the pit of the room.

Black soil and bits of plant food caught under your nails as you continued on, your eyes trailing up. "Hey." You gave a quick wave of one of your darked palms, before standing. "You move fast." He smiled. "Oh....yeah." You nodded. "Suzuki II needs friends." 

You glanced at the succulent that rested on the nightstand. There were a few things of her's you took. When you did you had no plan of where'd you be to give them a proper home, or maybe uncaring of where'd you be. You just knew that you wanted little pieces of Cherry with you. "Sorry for running off like that, I just got excited."

"That's fine." Yagi shrugged. "I'll be up working if you need anything." He pointed behind him, to what you were guessing was the direction of a possible home office. Makes sense for him to have one. In the few days you'd spent there you hadn't gone...exploring. Your days consisted of living room, kitchen, and bedroom. You nodded lightly, pushing up off your knees. "Okay."

You sat on your bed after cleaning up, switching between occupying yourself on your phone or simply staring off into space. Nothing interesting on the tv, and you hadn't found any book worth reading in a long while. Fuck.