Simmer

"Where is he!" Cherry bolted through her apartment door and leaned over the safety railing, looking down at you as you stepped out of your car. "I dunno." Your grin wide and high as you looked up at her. "I'm here! Where's he at?!" Suzuki shot to her side, several objects floating around his head. "Um?!" You snorted. "Did you sharpen carrots?"

"I didn't have anything else orange. That's besides the point!" Cherry shook her head. "Where's he at?" Suzuki backed her up. "He's gone." You rolled your eyes. "He's in the car, isn't he?!" They shuffled quickly, ducking below the railing to peek through the bars, and leaning way too far over it. Trying their best to look through the windshield from their distance.

"Can you shut the hell up?!" A disgruntled neighbor yelled from their window, the three of you jolted. "Come up here!" Cherry whispered sternly and pointed to the entrance to her home. "Fine." You groaned and headed up the stairs.

Immediately upon entering, they crowded you. "I don't see anything suspicious." Cherry said circling you clockwise, Suzuki countering. "I don't either- wait." He plucked something from your hair, pinching it between his thumb and middle finger. "What is this?" He held it out accusingly. "Let me see." Cherry zoomed in, grassy green eyes focusing on the shred of pink he held. "It's a flower petal." You sighed, trying to ignore the metal bat leaning against the kotatsu. What the hell were they plotting?

"Why?" They asked in unison. "We went to a garden." You rocked on your heels. "A garden?" Suzuki raised a brow. "Mhm!" You nodded. "Cherry, you would've loved it." You started explaining the experience you had there, your conversation leading the three of you to the couch. 

"That's nice, hun, but what'd you eat?" Cherry asked. "Oh, we went...fuck." 'If he takes you to eat it's a date.'  Sounded off like an alarm in your head. The two of them giggling, gazes shooting from each other then to you. "It wasn't a date!" You exclaimed, fists clenching the fabric of your dress.

"Sounds like a date to me." Cherry chimed. "Sounds like you're being wooed to me." Suzuki joined. The way these two were in tune you'd think they were together for decades. "I did not sign up for this." You rubbed your temples. "That's why you're here so late... but it's so dark, did he at least walk you to your car after he wined and dined you?"

Walk. Okay. When two of you exited the restaurant Might turned to you. "Where'd you park? I'll walk you there, if you don't mind." He set a hand on his chest as he offered. "I don't mind, big guy," You started. "but I took the train. My car's actually at the station."

"You took the train but your car's at the station." He said as if he were trying to convince himself. "I know how it sounds." You looked away. "It was faster and I saved on gas." Might checked his watch. "I've got time." You assured. "The last one isn't until 11:30."

"It's almost eleven now. Can you make it?" He asked, a twinge of concern falling through. "Of course." You nodded. He insisted he walk you to the station, you complied obviously. Who would try something while you were with him? A madman, that's who. Thankfully, there weren't any in the area.

From the corner of your eye you saw Might check his watch again. "I'll make it, calm down. We're almost there." You tried to ease his worries, he paused. You stopped just a step ahead of him. "What's wrong?" You asked. "I'm faster." Again, Might was checking the time as you stood waiting for him to pick up from his vague statement. "Well, yeah." Your lips pursed and eyes searched for the point. "I mean...do you mind?" Might swept out his arms. "Do I mind what?"

"If I carry you. It's safer, I could take you to your-" YES. YES. YES. YE- "Sounds like fun." You grinned, internally squealing. In a blink you were against his chest. His biceps supporting your legs and back. *Squealing intensifies*. "Hold on." Might said crouching. "Oh, you don't have to tell me." You laughed wrapping your arms around his neck. "Good to know."