Home Too

Home too? You nodded, determined to make yourself more comfortable.

You bought a rug and some string lights. A tiny victory, really. After dropping a chunk of change on your debt at the bank, you took some of what you had left and spent it on yourself. That night, well past what semblance of a bed time you had, you found yourself floating against the high walls of your room. Home too. You hummed, replaying the conversation you had with Yagi earlier as you set tiny adhesive hooks not too close to the ceiling. Running along those hooks with your new lights and finally plugging them in. "Okay." You picked up your phone and downloaded the corresponding app. You fumbled around with the color combinations until you settled on a cool teal.

"Now for you." Your eyes set on the roll of plush carpet. You had to take a look at the room from several different angles, struggling to find the right place to set the thing. "Damn." You bit your lip in contemplation. "I can lift it." With a nod you strode over to the bed, hands pressed against the footboard as you spread your little bubbles across its surface area. And with a gentle flick of your wrist, "There," it left the floor.

Taking hold of your rug, you spread it out evenly beneath the bed, enough to add a little spice and enough to run your feet over. Satisfied with where it was set, you let the bed down. "Good shit..." You nodded while doing a once over of your work. "Color's gotta change though." You took hold of your phone again, not favoring how the teal reflected off the soft pink of your rug.

The next morning, when you rolled out of bed, you were determined to get to know where you were now. Whatever it took to make you more comfortable. 

Things in All Might's house that just make sense.

The first, you'd already discovered. Heated floors made sense the way he got cold sometimes. Next, the massive refrigerator that towered over you. Nevermind that it was nearing empty when you arrived. Now, you swung the doors open, now it was stock photo worthy. What's next? You looked around.

You scooted into the living room. The television? Everyone has one of those, nothing special, it's just big. What was new to you, though, was the other side of the living room. The other fucking side. The house was large, yeah, of course, and there was still a lot you hadn't seen. You cut the corner that was just a little ways past the couch's end table.

Things in All Might's house that do not, in any way, make fucking sense. A grand piano. It sat lonesome, save for some decorative plants and a gorgeous view. Damn, Tosh. You approached the instrument, looking out the floor to ceiling windows and taking in the view of Tokyo's skyline from so far away.

Questioning if he knew how to play, your questions answered after seeing the collection of dust on its fallboard. You followed the glass wall around another corner. "What's on the other side of you?" You asked aloud, rounding it. A dining room with a long, bare table at the center. We're back to things that make sense. "Damn." You ran a hand over the table's surface, counting the chairs from one end to another. 12. You sighed, looking up, back through those windows you followed there.

"He's got a pool, of course he does." Looking past its matte covering, you got a look at just how much space was between you and your neighbors, if you had any that is. All the meticulously placed flora reminded you of that garden. You stepped forward to the windows, getting a better look at the view. It's nice but... Your eyes trailed down to the hand you lied on the table, studying the tiny mountains of dust that collected at your fingertips. "A lot of house for just one-" 

Something against the wall caught your attention, you wiped your hand clean on your pant leg, moving to this unexpected surprise. A full bar with two open bottles. Two, Toshi? Damn that's boring as hell. You shuffled through his supply. An ass of basic... You shook your head. Koji would be so disappointed.

With a sigh you pressed on your self guided tour. Vodka and a mixer....that's tough.

A home office, just as you theorized. You poked your head in, soaking in the atmosphere. Cozy. Nothing out of the ordinary, a desk, lamps, chairs. You pulled back, closing the door. Something nagged at you to find that heavy door you heard the other night. What is it and where does it go?

No sign of it as you continued on. You did, however, find a stairwell. Short and winding down to your left, you trotted down to explore what was below. "Damn!" You took a light bound through the home gym. Rows of weights, you were sure you would be able to lift unless you used your quirk, lined the wall opposite of the room length mirror. 

You grinned widely, jumping just barely high enough to reach the bar of the power rack. Catching it with one hand and firmly grasping with the other immediately after. "Damn!" You repeated, pulling yourself up one good time, looking around to see the gym from his angle. "Why are you so tall?" You laughed as you let yourself drop, the black matted floor slapping under your feet.

What's next? You hurried out, excitement finally starting to pulse in your veins. A den? It's lit. You ran through the smaller living area and back out passing a hall.

A hall?

You back tracked, seeing your room from a new angle. Cool. You moved on, a new set of stairs now in view to your left. Only three steps led to the elevated part of the home. You counted mentally as you walked up them and down the corridor, your stride you matched to his. It added up. "That's your room, huh?" You squinted, trying to focus on the door at the end of the dark hall. "Doors." You squinted harder. "Why the fuck do you have double doors to your room but not to the entrance of your house?"

Your phone's little alarm went off. Fishing it out of your pocket you dismissed it. Time for work. You took the long way back to your room, making a very important mental note to get rid of all that accumulated dust when you got back home.