Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros

--thank y'all so much for 400+ views! much love. take a spare time and two chapters this week ❤--

"Can you make drinks?"

"You mean outside of what I've seen on Tipsy Bartender? Nah." You shook your head.

It was the early afternoon and you stood next to Tauros, an assortment of alcohol, mixers, and fruit in front of you. Originally, Bonhomie was going to do your bartender training, but he couldn't make it in so early this time. Tauros also said the man was "old and stuck in his ways." He moved too slow for the upbeat atmosphere so it was better this way. No comment.

"That guy makes some pretty wild stuff..." Tauros eyed you. "I mean, I'm sure I could follow along." You shrugged. "Siren, no." He picked up a bottle of house tequila. "There's no time to follow a video. Do you know what goes in a tequila sunrise?" He poured up two shots. You nodded. "Yeah. Orange juice, grenadine, and obviously tequila."

"What else?"

"Uh....a fruit? Cherry or orange."

"What about a blue motorcycle?" He asked, grabbing a binder from underneath the bar. "Vodka, rum, tequila, gin, lemon-lime soda, and blue curacao." You pointed at each item as you listed. "Do you know how much of what you use?"

"Nope." You answered honestly. "Well that's what this is for." Tauros tapped your head with the thin binder. "You're going to study the components of a few basic drinks and then we'll make them."

"Do I get to choose?" You asked sliding the book from his hands. "Nope." He chuckled. "We'll do the first five, on the first page of course." You flipped the thing open, skimming over the drinks. "Oh, they're not too bad."

"Those are the most popular." Tauros picked up the shot glasses, holding one out for you. "Dude, it's like one in the afternoon." You eyed the cup. "It's five o'clock somewhere."

"True." You gave in, toasted, and threw the shot back. "Ugh." You tossed the cup away and moved to take a seat on one of the bar stools. "Not a fan?" Tauros asked while filling the ice bin. "It's alright. I'm partial to wine." He snorted. "What are you, a lightweight?"

"Hell no!" You laughed. "I could drink All Might under the table!"

"He's like ten feet tall, there's no way." Tauros retorted. 

Seven ft two, ackchyually. "Endeavor then! I could out-drink him!"

"I-I don't think it's safe for him to drink."

"I think you're right." You pinched your chin. "Which just means I can." Your expression turned smug. "That's to be determined. Sometimes patrons will want to take drinks with you, and if you can't handle your liquor you better get good at tossing it over your shoulder." Tauros laughed.

"Um okay wow." You cringed. "What is this new age shit?"

"Do they not do that where you're from?"

"Where I'm fr-? Tauros we're from the same country!" You shot forward.

"Not the same state. Don't lump me in with you all." He smirked. The last time this was brought up between you two, you got into a heated debate over who had the best food and sports teams. "Okay, Tauros." You sat back and started to read. "Okay."

Reading a list of ingredients until they burned into your retina was easy. Following instructions to make the drinks was easy. "You gotta drink those." Tauros pointed at the row of drinks. That would not be. "What?! Nooooooo."

"Yes? Why'd you make so many?" He looked over the rainbow of beverages you made.

"What do you mean? How else am I supposed to practice?"

He shrugged. "Get it right the first time? Duh."

"Tauros, I'm not drinking all of these."

"I cAn DrInk AlL MiGhT uNdEr ThE tAbLe." He mocked.

"What a dick." You laughed. "Split them with me then, oh seasoned one." You picked up two of the eight drinks, handing a lime green one to him. "Fine by me." He downed it and scooped up another. "You better sober up by tonight."

You drank your peach flavored drink. "If I'm messed up after four of these, I shouldn't be drinking."