Chapter I - Greyday

Well, ain't this bout a bitch? You stared at the fat eviction notice. Not only were you getting kicked out you had also been fired earlier. "Had to make some cuts" they said. Fuck it. Fuck it all. You sighed heavily, packing what you could send back home. The rest is trash, unless I can sell it then... You sighed again, on the brink of tears. Damn this sucks. You tried turning the faucet to take one last shower in the apartment. Nothing came out because of course they cut the water. You decided to head down the street to the gym to use their showers and change before your shift started at your second job. You hopped in your car. The back seat was packed with blankets and pillows, your clothes and toiletries in the trunk. What am I gonna do? Where am I going to stay? Starting up the engine, you remembered the bill for your car was past due. Fuck. I really don't want to go back to teaching....but I guess I don't have much of a choice. After showering and changing at the gym, you drove toward the bridge. "Off to my other shit job I guess."

The traffic was terrible through the city. You knew you should've taken the back way. You sighed, again, your mind racing. Struggling to find a solution to the situation, you heard your car make a horrific crunch as something large hit the front. You snapped you out of your thoughts as your head hits the headrest. "What the?" You didn't have time to process what happened, much less slam your brakes, when your car went flying. You cursed as the transition from impact to airborn dizzied you, your heart thumping wildly and eyes shut tight. This is it...this is how I go... You tried accepting your fate when

THUD.

Inertia shook you as you came to a sudden stop. "Wha-" you opened your eyes slowly, looking around. You weren't on the ground, that was for sure. "Are you alright, ma'am? There is no need to fear flying cars. I AM HERE!" A slightly muffled voice boomed through your closed window, grabbing your attention. Piercing blue eyes staring back into yours. "Y-yes I am. Thank you." You tried catching your breath. All Might had caught you, of all people, and set your car gingerly down on the other side of the bridge. "Get somewhere safe." Those blue eyes didn't tear from yours until you said, "Okay, I will." Everything else was a blur, you didn't know what was happening, who All Might was fighting, or what day it was. You furrowed your brows and promised yourself to keep an eye out for other signs of a concussion. You did hit your head after all. Suddenly, you remembered where you needed to be. You tapped on the gas and sped off. By some miracle, it still worked. This is one helluva reason to be late, and dammit your boss would have to believe you.

"Gomen!" You rushed into the restaurant and grabbed an apron. Your employer already fussing about your timing. Okay, jackass. "Han-sama please listen." You held your hands up in defeat and explained your eventful afternoon, even going as far as to show him the hand prints All Might left on your vehicle. Oddly enough, it was the only damage your car sustained. With a huff here and a puff there, the short brunette finally let you off the hook. "Thank you." You bowed and massaged the stiffness out of your neck. You could not afford any medical bills right now and the thought of needing a chiropractor sent unwelcomed shivers down your spine.

You got to work, darting from the dining room to the kitchen taking and serving orders in the little Chinese restaurant. A hellishly boring shift to say the least, but it went without fail. I know I should be offended at this tip, but every cent counts right now. There was something hard between the bills as you picked them up. A business card? You read the little note written on it:

Heard you singing out back on your break. If you're looking for more work, I need help at my karaoke bar. Koji.

You smiled and hid the card away. You would look into this opportunity tomorrow. I think my luck may be changing. No more signs of a concussion thankfully, so there was a bounce in your step as you cleaned off the tables. It was approaching midnight, the clock ticking ever so slowly to closing.