Betoken

You'd decided to do some last minute cleaning before Cherry and Suzuki made it back in the late evening. Standing in Cherry's bedroom, you held the tiny potted plant she kept near her bed.

"Hello Suzuki II." You cleaned off what little dust had collected on the succulent with a q-tip. "We'll get you nice and clean, and move you closer to the window." You continued. "Soak up all that sunlight and-"

Your phone buzzed on the surface of her bed. Back so soon? You grinned and answered. "Ya'know, I'd mentally prepared myself for your disappearance to last at least a month, not a few days."

"A month? I could've sworn I was still in my prime." Might replied. "Hmm, I guess when you said 'intricate', I figured it would take longer."

"We've got two different definitions for intricate then."

You giggled. "Okay so that, too me, sounds like you got there and they said 'No sir, you can't just go through the wall."

"That's exactly what happened." Might snorted. "Are you sure you don't have your mother's quirk?"

"Maybe I do." You teased, making sure to get the insides of the succulent. "Maybe I'm a late bloomer."

"Heh..." Might clicked his tongue. "Maybe you could tell me if you're busy today?" He  almost missed a beat, but that was still butter. "Nope, I've got a day off." You set Suzuki II down in direct sunlight. 

"That's good to hear, you work so much." He sighed in relief. "You're one to talk! Didn't you just get back from Singapore?" You laughed. "No, I just woke up." He started, "I got back yesterday evening."

"Looking at the time, I'm guessing more 'last minute hero things' as soon as you landed." You took a seat on the edge of the bed. " Yes ma'am. I had a question for you, if you don't mind."

"Is it quirk related?" You raised a brow.

"Not this time." He answered.

"I'm all ears." You rubbed at the hem of your shirt, pinching it between your thumb and forefinger. "I..." Might went quiet. "You?" You gave a gentle push. "Would you like to spend the rest of your day with me?"

Heat rushed to your cheeks, mind racing a mile a minute. WHAT. A cringe eventually took residence on your face. "Me? You're rebounding to me?!"

"I'm not-"

"Dude. Come on, now. I know you've got models' numbers spilling from your pockets."

"I-"

"Like I know people date down, but DAMN. You are just scraping the botto-"

"Stop it." He abruptly cut you off. 

"I mean-"

"Don't talk about yourself like that."

"Dude, I don't-"

"No."

"Yes, sir." You accepted that it was a needless battle that he wouldn't let he wouldn't let you win. Not like he knows so... "I'm not rebounding. I'd like to see you outside of coincidence." He brought his calm tone back.

"I don't know, Might..." Still feels like a rebound. "What's wrong?" He could feel you inching away. You sighed. "It's just-"

"It's just that you're scared?" He teased.

"Wooow!" You laughed. No he didn't! "Ya'know what? Yes, I'm scared. Absolutely horrified that I'll enjoy today so much that I fall madly in love with you and I'll never be able to love anyone else. I'm shaking in my boots."

"That doesn't sound too bad." Too fast and too smooth did he reply.

Oh. That heat returned to your cheeks . "Where are we going, ya goof?"

"Hello-"

"CHERRY HELP." You fumbled with your phone, trying to get it to sit up right while you were on a video call. "What?! What's wrong?!" Her face was panicked. "I agreed to something and I don't have anything to wear!" You rubbed your temples in frustration. "No! Why did you-"

"I don't know! I just got so excited!" You frowned. "I think I may have a dress you could fit. Go in my closet." She pointed to the door behind you, you glanced before turning completely and going in. "On the left side."

"This one?" You grabbed the velvet thing that looked like it was too big for both of you. "That's it! Try it on." Cherry waved you on. "Um...alright." You eyed the boxy dress suspiciously while closing the closet door.

You slid your clothes off and the dress on over your head. "Oh...oh I like this." It was all a facade, the fabric seeming to rest on you just right and pinch at the waist. "Cherry look." You flung the door open. "Yeeeeesss!!" She clapped excitedly. "With the slit on the side!" You posed dramatically in the doorway, propping your knee against the door frame to show off your thigh. 

"That can close if it gets too cold. There's a button on the inside." She pointed again. "Whaaaat?" You brought your leg down and felt around, eventually finding a hidden clasp.

"I'd say close it since it's just your first date." Cherry piped.

"Huh?!" She caught you off guard. "You heard me." She smirked. "My baby's growing up so fast!" She pretended to wipe a tear. "It's not a date!" You shot. "Then why are you fastening it closed?" Fuck.

".....Because it's supposed to be a little chilly this evening." You kept your eyes on what you were doing. "Uh huh." Cherry showed no mercy.

"And I don't have any heels. Since this hits, basically drags, the floor I can wear my vans or whatever." You had heels but you weren't letting her have this. "If he takes you to eat it's a date." You heard Suzuki yell in the background. 

"Jokes on you. I don't know where we're going!" You laughed. "What?" Those two said in unison. "He sent me directions and said it was a surprise."

"Suzuki, I think she's dating the killer." Cherry turned to him. "I'm definitely not!" You cackled. "How are we supposed to know when we haven't met him?" Damn, why do I have so many parents? "You'll meet him eventually." You sighed, thinking of what to do with your hair. "It better not be in court when he's on trial."

"Oh look, he's calling now! Gotta go!" It was a lie. But! It was enough to end the conversation after they told you copious amounts of times to be safe and aware of your surroundings. To come back to them once you were done having your fun because they needed to see your face to make sure you were safe. That's just how some people say 'I love you'. You smiled to yourself while you darted around to finish getting ready.